• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers plan to renegotiate the deal for RT Taylor Moton

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Y'all, this could simply be a contract extension.

The do it after this year. What a perfect year to clear half of his current deal before extending him on his last year...or not.

He will be 30 before the season starts. No need to do anything which would be better for next year also.

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Moton is one of the few players on the team worth keeping/extending.

Tack on another 2 or so years to the deal and spread the hit out more, not hard and everyone wins.

I can't understand the logic of trying to fix the line by getting rid of the best player on it...

That's what I'm thinking.  The guys wanting to cut him are just wrong.  He's literally the best offensive player we have, not even just on the oline.  We have to find a way to keep him around

• Pie 3

30 minutes ago, Waldo said:

The do it after this year. What a perfect year to clear half of his current deal before extending him on his last year...or not.

He will be 30 before the season starts. No need to do anything which would be better for next year also.

His value won't go down between now and then and cap space can roll over.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

I think Newton is just speculating.  He does not seem to have the connections others have.  When your post begins with "Keep an eye out..."  All I can say is a look at the salaries tells you that is a possibility, but it is a 50% possibility, so bases covered.  Cutting edge of journalism?  Nope--not when you speculate about if they are OK with dead money.  He could read the Huddle and get more insight.

4 hours ago, 45catfan said:

We don't need to crate a ton of cap room this year.  We will suck.  Take the hit this season and re-work his contract or cut him in 2025.  No kicking the can down the road as Morgan said.

Well Moton is a guy we should legitimately plan on keeping around. I am okay adding years.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

His value won't go down between now and then and cap space can roll over.

Anyone's value in the NFL can bottom out pretty quickly. It's needless and given the recent hitory of the team that is not great to hear.

5 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

And it starts.

We are going to try and make cap room and waste a ton of space to go in for this season to have 5 wins maximum. 

You're not paying attention