• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Natalie Miller (our own Verge): expect Panthers to make a strong push for Calvin Ridley and Mitch Morse

BTW, this is also coming from someone who is a big fan of Ridley's play on the field.  I think he's outstanding and even bet my fantasy season on pairing him with Lawrence this past year, I way overpaid for them in my auction draft as I think he's a stud.

My view on it is really more around Bryce and that I think he's a bum that we'll be replacing as early as next year if we don't get a player like Ridley.  And if we get a player like Ridley, we'll be replacing Bryce in 2-3 years, which at that time, Ridley's game will be fading due to his age.

Put the money into younger players that can still be around and playing at a high level when we finally right the ship

• Pie 1

I don’t want a player who’s going to come here just because we’re the highest bidder.

Guys like that are not what this locker room needs.

I want players who want to win above all else.

A player like that will go anywhere else if they have options.

With that in mind, our only hope to get a ‘dawg’ is to take chances on guys who need a shot. 

I swear…if we sign check chasers….

Ridley is the top WR target left in FA.  As is Morse at Center.

We are now in the bottom half of the league in cap space after the Burns tag.  Even after these cuts.

We can pursue and want all we want.  But trying doesn’t mean we’ll land them.

21 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

LMAO welcome to the backup life. I will always remember his draft day walk. I thought that kid was going to be the next Brady the way he was walking up to the stage.

The funny thing is that Kraft and former Patriot players pushed for Belicheat to draft, then play McCorkle(Yes that's his full real name) Jones over going into the season with one Cam Newton. BB pushed against it then and said he did not want to go the rookie route, which ultimately led to his demise in New England as well as the water being poured on the embers of Cam's career. 

There have been multiple opportunities to draft a starting caliber center in the past 3-4 years in later rounds and the Panthers have passed on every opportunity. It's just so embarrassing to watch this team make decisions every year. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

Morse signing with Jags

that stinks.  But all things being equal....we are going to have to overpay for needs if they have options.  Jags are a more sensible landing spot vs us. 

19 minutes ago, App Panther said:

Probably not. 

There didn't seem to be anything to the stuff people freaked out about the days before free agency. I don't see why people take speculation so seriously 

Edited by csx

14 minutes ago, csx said:

There didn't seem to be anything to the stuff people freaked out about the days before free agency. I don't see why people take speculation so seriously 

It's the Huddle way. You know its coming. Doesn't matter what it is it's just another excuse to pan8c.