• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Tradewinds & FA News

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Will Levis is Josh Allen with a lower IQ

Maybe he's a meat head. He did score I believe a 93 on the same test Bryce Young was praised for aceing.

I mean looking back if my only options are trading up for Bryce Young or staying put I'd have drafted Levis and kept DJ Moore. The Titans just shelled out 92 million bucks to pair Levis with a WR we could have given him for half the cost.

You just have to laugh.

• Pie 2

25 minutes ago, frankw said:

Maybe he's a meat head. He did score I believe a 93 on the same test Bryce Young was praised for aceing.

I mean looking back if my only options are trading up for Bryce Young or staying put I'd have drafted Levis and kept DJ Moore. The Titans just shelled out 92 million bucks to pair Levis with a WR we could have given him for half the cost.

You just have to laugh.

Beating a dead horse for sure but making that trade and when we did it was monumentally stupid.   

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

1 hour ago, frankw said:

The best weapon in the NFL is elite QB talent.

Offensive player of the year or Super Bowl champion? Which one you choosing?

I don’t consider QB’s to be “weapons” in that sense

Basically I mean that in regards to non QB’s, as in the “weapons at a QB’s disposal”

I think there is an argument to be made for Tyreek there, but CMC’s versatility gives him the edge in my book

7 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

You are aware that if the 49ers put him on the block tomorrow and wanted a 1st they would likely have very few if any offers, right? 

I think the thing missing from people's minds is what just happened this offseason. Almost every team in the NFL let their elite RB walk.

That's not an accident. I don't know how much more the NFL needs to telegraph the current value of RB's....

This 💯 most teams aren’t easily giving up their draft capital especially their 1st rounders. We did well to get what we got for CMC when we traded him. Thanks to Tepper and Fitt we both failed to capitalize on a tremendous draft haul for Burns and got fleeced for Young.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

CMC isn't any other elite RB, he's the best weapon in the NFL, there's a reason he won offensive player of the year.

I'd bet at least a dozen teams would be willing to give up their 1st round pick for him, especially if it was the same contract situation at the time of the trade, as we had to take the hit on his signing bonus that we already paid out, there was not much guaranteed money (if any) left on CMC's deal when the 49ers took him on.

It was a TERRIBLE trade, no if's, and's, or but's about it

Yeah, people always say this and it is just head in the sand nonsense.

If you can't see it, I can't make you.

2 hours ago, Prowler2k18 said:

This 💯 most teams aren’t easily giving up their draft capital especially their 1st rounders. We did well to get what we got for CMC when we traded him. Thanks to Tepper and Fitt we both failed to capitalize on a tremendous draft haul for Burns and got fleeced for Young.

Yeah, I don't think people realize that is likely to be the high water mark for a RB trade for the next few years, if not significantly longer.

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

Damn.  He was so good last year.  Yeah, makes the Burns seem a bit more digestable.  

No it doesn’t. We traded 2 firsts for a 5th by waiting. The trade will never feel good.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

No it doesn’t. We traded 2 firsts for a 5th by waiting. The trade will never feel good.

What you equated extended under multiple coaches and GMs.  Within the context of expectations for the current situation, it is.  But yes, bigger picture, absolutely not.

• Pie 4

On 3/23/2024 at 12:58 PM, frankw said:

You just have to laugh.

In hind sight Levis was a play. No trade up wait for this year or stay put and take Levis.  Hell we could have had a Jake Locker for peanuts and still draft a guy this year. Maybe it will all work out. 

Did you all see the recent news report that claimed the Commanders are putting it out there that they could go with McCarthy at #2? 

That reminds me of the Niners putting it out there that they might take Matt Jones over Lance with the third pick.

By the way, remember that everyone was calling that a great QB draft? 

Lawrence  Struggled early--OK now.

Wilson.....

Lance.....

Fields....

Jones....

• Pie 3