• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers cut Bradley Bozeman

Just now, razorwolf said:

Hopefully their releasing these players to make it possible to give Frankie Luvu a new contract, and start signing players to fill the holes with players in needed positions!

The players they've released so far have negligible cap savings.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm honestly not sure he even works as an OG in that type of scheme. He's a downhill mauler. Same as Bozeman. We might need to just trade him before we destroy any trade value he might have like we did playing Chinn in misfit roles.

I wish I knew the answer, he is so damn strong, aggressive and physical there has to be a way for him to work.   But thinking he is athletic enough to play zone is perplexing. 

Its amazing how fast everybody turned on the guy, he technically only had one bad year. Just over year ago everybody was praying we would resign him. This wont be the end of it either, gonna keep axing guys to compensate bryce and it wont lead to anything. Cant remember the last time i had this ittle faith in this team for the future. 

Oof I mean I don't mind it if we're upgrading because he was not good last season but now you have to make a big swing for a starting center. I know the cap went up but we sure sound like we're competing to win now instead of building for a few years away.

2 minutes ago, Billy Goat said:

The players they've released so far have negligible cap savings.

I get Hurst, he supposedly declined a pay cut plus coming of a injury filled season and we are looking to upgrade anyway. Bozeman would at least be a solid backup.  His salary is already on the books whether he's here or not.  As mentioned, his cap savings a minimal with the release.  The only think I can think of is he declined a pay cut and/or was told he wasn't starting no longer whereby he asked to be released.

18 minutes ago, razorwolf said:

Hopefully their releasing these players to make it possible to give Frankie Luvu a new contract, and start signing players to fill the holes with players in needed positions!

LOl!  Saving from the Hurst and Bozeman cuts COMBINED are less than 400K!  Tagging Burns took us from one of the teams with the most cap room all the way down to 12M remaining because they can't figure out what to do the dude.   One decent FA will wipe that out.

• Pie 3

Bozeman is a good dude, but a bad center for us.  Simple.  Build an o line this year.  Clear room for ‘25 and beyond.  This team needed an overhaul.  No complaints because THIS is the overdue rebuild.  

• Pie 5

Okay, I've preached it for years. If you want to build an offensive line, start with a smart, strong Center. And now that we've released Bozeman, that sets us in good shape at pick 33 to grab just that guy.

There are two top flight centers in this year's draft and we'd have a hit with either one of them, starter material right off the bat.

First choice would be Graham Barton out of Duke. Perfect guy for the job, can actually play any spot on the line. Had hoped we would grab him and let him learn alongside Bozeman. He can still do the job. Having a center and a QB work their early years together can really pay off down the road.

Second choice would be Jackson Powers-Johnson out of Oregon. Just a mauler out there who is smart enough to do the job. 

One of those two guys will probably go in the first round, whoever is left is going to be a steal and a 12-year fixture of our line.

And as for Bozeman, seemed like a great guy and I think what happened around him hurt his performance, whether it be the injuries at guard or the rookie QB or just a complete lack of coaching and game planning, the guy deserved better. Hope he catches on with a team quickly and keeps the career going.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, 52Beast said:

Bozeman is a good dude, but a bad center for us.  Simple.  Build an o line this year.  Clear room for ‘25 and beyond.  This team needed an overhaul.  No complaints because THIS is the overdue rebuild.  

Yep. Doesn't make too much sense to say that we need to rebuild, then complain when it begins to happen, but to each his own.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 2