• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will this be goodbye for Luvu?

We will hopefully know something over the next few days, but the lack of news on us being close to a deal really worries me. Our team has lost what few playmakers or X factors that we had, and he is one of the 3-4 on the team. The man is the definition of a dawg and is someone who truly can line up in many positions to confuse an offense. He is a key factor in our defense and will be missed tremendously if we lose him. 

NFL free agency officially begins March 13 at 4 p.m. ET, and teams can start negotiating with players -- and agreeing to terms on new deals -- on March 11.

How do you feel? Do you think we re sign him, or is this is for his time in Carolina?

2023 stats:
125 tackles 

59 ast

5.5 sacks

IMG_5670.jpeg

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 1

In the effort of keeping the Bozeman energy going, losing Luvu is not that big of a deal. I don't know how we got to the point of being such choosy fans on a case by case basis. But the linebackers that we have had in the past including our current GM, Luvu is not on that level. Cool hair, cool tattoos, good attitude, but if he wants a bunch of money we are okay with moving on from him. We have had and seen better. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

The fact that we're contemplating giving burns a$25+mil a year contract for his half assery while we sit and wait on the absolute dawg that is Luvu doesn't make me feel good .

Get him locked up, guys.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

15 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

In the effort of keeping the Bozeman energy going, losing Luvu is not that big of a deal. I don't know how we got to the point of being such choosy fans on a case by case basis. But the linebackers that we have had in the past including our current GM, Luvu is not on that level. Cool hair, cool tattoos, good attitude, but if he wants a bunch of money we are okay with moving on from him. We have had and seen better. 

No poo Luvu isn't on the level of guys like Luke, TD, Beason, Morgan, etc. No one has ever claimed such. All those guys were 1st round picks though. That's the type of investment you usually have to make to get guys of that caliber and I hope the days of us spending 1st round picks on off the ball LBs are over.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

This isn't luvu versus burns. 

The defense needs both to continue to be an effective defense.

Perhaps Luvu wants to know his market value.  Nothing wrong in that.  

Has already been said by Morgan,  that Luvu is a priority.   

Let Luvu find his value, then get him signed.  

Edited by pantherclaw
  • Pie 2

36 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

Here's Luke getting juked by a 10 yr old. Bijan is in the NFL too. Your cherry-picked single play is invalid.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/young-camper-completely-jukes-carolina-panthers-linebacker-luke-kuechly

Edited by KSpan
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Here's Luke getting juked by a 10 yr old. Bijan is in the NFL too. Your cherry-picked single play is invalid.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/young-camper-completely-jukes-carolina-panthers-linebacker-luke-kuechly

Yep. You can find plays where everyone in the league looks bad. Those other guys are pretty good too after all. Sometimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the windshield.