• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think I see the direction....

2 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

If Bryce ends up still being bad with the offensive overhaul, this could end up being one of the worst teams in NFL history. Like old Bucks, Saints bad. On the other hand if we light it up on offense and Bryce ends up a baller well then the rebuild is half complete. Watching us lose 49-42 every weak would at least be a fun watch. I don't mind doing it this way. Know exactly what we have in Bryce. Either gonna be a quick rebuild or a total blow up. Let's hope for the best.

I'd say to break out the paper bags but it's not like there's any Panthers fans showing up at BOA anyway at this point.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We're probably gonna go from an awful team with decent defense and the worst offense in the NFL to an awful team with mediocre offense and the worst defense in the NFL.

I think Evero is good enough to take the parts he has and make something work and I think Morgan knows enough about defensive players to help give Evero solid parts to work with.

We won't have the worst D in the league. I'm not sure about a lot, but I feel good enough about Evero and the personnel options that will become available that we won't be at the bottom.

Of course I could be wrong about all that.

• Pie 1

This team is a joke, they have no real direction. I have no confidence the new regime is any less beholden to Tepper’s “judgement” and I honestly don’t care anymore. The Panthers I loved watching as a kid are dead and all we’re left with is a billionaire weak man who’s too insecure to have his opinion questioned.

Edited by Riverboat Ron
  • Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

This team is a joke, they have no real direction. I have no confidence the new regime is any less beholden to Tepper’s “judgement” and I honestly don’t care anymore. The Panthers I loved watching as a kid are dead and all we’re left with is a billionaire weak man who’s too insecure to have his opinion questioned.

They just signed two really good OG on the first day of FA to protect their investment at QB. We were 2-15. We cannot be attached to defensive players. We have a vision, it's crystal clear we realized our offense was inept and it starts upfront.

1 hour ago, Gapanthersfan said:

I get the rebuild but this to me has a weird feel so far. It has a make Bryce win at all cost, and make it happen NOW, vibe. In the over 20 years I’ve followed the team, I’ve never once seen them this depleted on defense. I hope they don’t go literally 100% offense this year at the expense of the defense. BPA in draft, please. We need studs once again. 

Commenting because yes it fits a pattern of impatient, fixated, single mindedness on the shiny thing of the moment. It is always all out. And then the 'kill a mosquito with shotgun’ result of that process.

They have not been picking right at all, over and over. At the same time, you understand the need. It’s the heavy handed methods that they use just don’t feel that smart. I’m probably not saying that right. 

Anyone else see this pattern? It the same with the QBs for years. 

If it works great, of course, but they haven’t figured that part out yet. 

I came here not to say that, but to say this: Don’t count chickens. 

Mike Wahle

Michael Oher

Bad Kalil

The OL upgrades don’t always take. Oher was good for some of that deal but it was mirage not too far in. Wahle was coinsidered a disappointment we expected a lot more. He didn’t bust exactly but he is here in the examples department. Kalil. He had one good season in Balt(?) His brother vouched for him. 

Couple of highly drafted guys... Otah is who we don’t want Ickey to be.  Bruce Nelson was one of our highest drafted OL. Goofed on that one. 

I haven’t watched either of these new guys yet guess it’s about time to do that. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, jamos14 said:

You also lose the valuable cap space that they were planning to use during the opening of FA.

With Burns contract still on the books as franchise tag, they can't sign the OL they did or whatever other moves they are looking at.

THIS is why it happened so quickly.  

12 minutes ago, strato said:

Commenting because yes it fits a pattern of impatient, fixated, single mindedness on the shiny thing of the moment. It is always all out. And then the 'kill a mosquito with shotgun’ result of that process.

They have not been picking right at all, over and over. At the same time, you understand the need. It’s the heavy handed methods that they use just don’t feel that smart. I’m probably not saying that right. 

Anyone else see this pattern? It the same with the QBs for years. 

If it works great, of course, but they haven’t figured that part out yet. 

I came here not to say that, but to say this: Don’t count chickens. 

Mike Wahle

Michael Oher

Bad Kalil

The OL upgrades don’t always take. Oher was good for some of that deal but it was mirage not too far in. Wahle was coinsidered a disappointment we expected a lot more. He didn’t bust exactly but he is here in the examples department. Kalil. He had one good season in Balt(?) His brother vouched for him. 

Couple of highly drafted guys... Otah is who we don’t want Ickey to be.  Bruce Nelson was one of our highest drafted OL. Goofed on that one. 

I haven’t watched either of these new guys yet guess it’s about time to do that. 

This is what I’m trying to get at. 

Yes, we are god awful on offense. Unwatchable. Completely. Unwatchable. 

This just feels like a more aggressive version of the same approach that continues to fail us. 

Instead of  building through the DRAFT, building quality depth and keeping core pieces, the way pretty much 100% of successful programs go… we do it the Panthers way. We spend big in FA with long contracts and assume our draft will land 5 starters, everyone works out and doesn’t check out mentally and everyone stays healthy. 

Year after year we end up with 0 depth, but use the same approach anyway. 

I pray that our talent evaluation has improved to the point where we can draft and shop at Target and land some quality depth that still cares about winning. 

Again, I don’t hate any of the additions  I actually love them, but I see a similar trend as what’s failed in the past. 

5 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

We’re completely starting over 

Had Bryce not looked like the worst QB in all of football (CFL and NFL back-ups included) the Panthers wouldn’t be going in this direction 

They know he’s ass

The entire team was ass. It's not just Bryce.  

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

26 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Had Bryce not looked like the worst QB in all of football (CFL and NFL back-ups included) the Panthers wouldn’t be going in this direction 

They know he’s ass

Doing everything they can to make BRYCE win right now. 

Same thing I said a while back. We will be so resource heave on line and WRs, the rest of the team will suffer. 

29 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

They know he’s ass

Thank you

38 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

They know he’s ass

When the Bengals drafted Jamarr Chase, was that cause they knew Burrow was ass? When the Bills traded for Diggs, that was only because they knew Josh Allen was ass? I’m having a tough time understanding the logic here that investing in your QB = team knows he’s ass.