• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR Diontae Johnson to the Panthers

Newsflash.  Details at 11.

I think Canales is going to really work on developing Mingo, maybe Marshall too.  Maybe they will be better fits now.

People get on Mingo like he was a bust, but in this offense, he had over 400 yards as a rookie--now, those are TE numbers, but he had a catch in every game, I believe. 

Edited by MHS831

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Why are you wasting a LB in coverage? We don't have any TEs. Blitz that guy!

You really didn't even need to blitz. Just run some type of stunt. Doesn't matter which. And the entire oline was confused to the point of them drooling all over themselves. That's coaching gents. 100%.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

People get on Mingo like he was a bust

Those are not serious people. And also we need some consistency in this fanbase. Mingo is no more a bust than Bryce Young until we see both of them with our new staff and a different team around them.

• Pie 5

Just now, Navy_football said:

You really didn't even need to blitz. Just run some type of stunt. Doesn't matter which. And the entire oline was confused to the point of them drooling all over themselves. That's coaching gents. 100%.

amen

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Newsflash.  Details at 11.

I think Canales is going to really work on developing Mingo, maybe Marshall too.  Maybe they will be better fits now.

People get on Mingo like he was a bust, but in this offense, he had over 400 yards as a rookie--now, those are TE numbers, but he had a catch in every game, I believe. 

TMJ is done IMO.  I don’t view Canales as water into wine coach.  He simply walked into a team that had featured a good WR duo for some time and had vet QB play.   We need to move on.  Our WR corp can’t be the same plus Diontae. 

Hope Mingo is putting in a lot of work.  Got to think a new offense in year 2 isn’t going to be ideal for him to make huge strides in year 2.  He starts over to a degree.    Like Theilen, Mingo was a bit force feed.  While his numbers aren’t great I think both Mingo and Theilen looked better on the stat sheet than they actually did on the field last year 

8 hours ago, HardcoreHokie said:

I have many good friends and family from the Pittsburgh area but have never heard “yinz” before…

…what in the actual fug.  🙃

i have a lot of family from up there as well, but i grew up hearing it when i went up there. they were all country folk who didn't live near any big cities at all so that might be it. i've actually heard that some in a couple counties in NC and some in VA as well. very rare, though. up there i head it a lot.

9 hours ago, steelhead said:

Be prepared it will drive you up the wall when he catches and runs back 5 yards. I bet week one yinz will be asking, "what was that?".

After last year, I'll be happy that someone catches it!

• Pie 1

Cutting TMarsh saves $1.4M - probably gonna happen IMO since he is basically the 4th or 5th WR at this point with the draft coming up.

But look at the draft flexibility this gives us now - yes we would all love to draft the next JJ or Chase with pick 33 or 39, but with Diontae and Mingo you don't feel nearly the pressure to use those 2 picks on a WR.  I said before I would love to see Ja'Tavion Sanders and Chop Robinson at those 2 spots.....then 65 we go for a WR maybe - should be plenty of possibilities better than Marshall and cheaper.

Some fun tidbits from Steelers fans on another site I frequent:

Dionte Johnson is no longer Pittsburgh's problem

Watch D Johnson actually want to play now

I won't be the least bit surprised if he goes full "Antonio Clown" and tries to get cut in training camp once he realizes the dumpster he was just tossed in is on fire.

If history is any indicator, these guys are always way worse once they leave Pittsburgh, both in performance and attitude

I am not going to miss him and not sure why he was every getting paid so much.

When he did hold onto the ball, his YAC's were fantastic. Problem was that he only had one season where he could actually do that - ever since then he drops at least 50% of the balls coming his way. Add being a diva to that, and it's a one way ticket out of town

when he was on a roll... bam, he pulls a hammy or something

• Beer 1