• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Raiders to Release Hunter Renfrow

33 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

The biggest reason I would have to shop Thielen is his age (33) and I do not want Bryce going to him as an outlet quickly because they are familiar.

Do I think Renfro would be the answer?  Maybe, but man, there are some good slot WRs in the draft later too.  Washington from UVA and A Smith (I think) from Tex AM.  If I knew the offensive philosophy better, how the intend to maximize Bryce's skillset, I would have a stronger opinion. 

I am not that high on Renfro.  I just texted my friend's son who plays T for the Raiders (Parker).  He said that he and Renfro were religious and were close friends for that reason.  FWIW.

Renfrow is good or bad depending on your scheme, QB and what you want to do on O.   

Hard for us to know if he would even fit here given we got no clue what our HC is going to attempt with Bryce. 

a Tom Brady would have destroyed folks w/ Renfrow though

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Renfrow is younger so if we trade AT is makes sense as long as the contract is cheaper.  

I don't know his value to the rest of the league I'd imagine a mid rounder would be the best offer. People suggesting a 3rd are comedians.

3 hours ago, frankw said:

Nothing against Theilen but I'd take Renfro over his bottom of the league YAC.

Frank. If opposing defense had to focus on an actually threat outside of Theilen... is there a possibility that he'd be able to get more YAC? Or is he just too old for you?

Edited by pantherclaw

49 minutes ago, fanpanther said:

Adam thielen had a great year with terrible qb/oline play he will be a solid wr this year plus some more speed wr.  Hw could probably find a better fit like kc or buff but would love him to be a panther

He really didn't have a great year.   He just had 137 targets. 

If you look at the top 100 players in receiving yards.....Theilen had the worst production per reception by any WR. 

He presents the threat of a TE with hands. 

35 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Frank. If opposing defense had to focus on an actually threat outside of Theilen... is there a possibility that he'd be able to get more YAC? Or is he just too old for you?

He himself said he doesn't want to be in the middle of a rebuild. He still has some value in the receiving game as a possession guy but he's going to be around maybe this season and that's it. Not like he is in our long term plans. If you can get someone younger then do that. Nothing wrong with that.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

He plays AT’s spot. We need some outside WRs. 

We need guys who can get open fast. I'm not sure if prototypical "outside WRs" are what we actually want. We really need more slot type guys. It really doesn't matter if you're a downfield threat when we don't have a downfield passer.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We need guys who can get open fast. I'm not sure if prototypical "outside WRs" are what we actually want. We really need more slot type guys. It really doesn't matter if you're a downfield threat when we don't have a downfield passer.

Build a complete offense.  If our QB struggles in it then we find another one.  We need a nice red zone threat.  Having a bunch of shifty slot guys is nice until the field starts getting smaller.  A decent tight end would be nice as well.  

5 hours ago, CRA said:

and going to Adam Theilen in the pass game is also why our offense posed virtually no threat to opposing defenses.  

Theilen is a weak receiving TE with good hands IMO in terms of what he is giving you and threatening opponents with. 

Theilen is a security blank because you can count on him to catch it. His yac his diminished with age but his hands are some of the best in the nfl. He was never a threat deep but he had a knack for finding a hole in coverage and you count on him to make the tough catch. He is/was a better Ricky Proehl. We just had to force him ball just to move the chain's. Everyone knew who the ball was going to. Frank relyed on him way too much.  It would not surprised if he was the primary read on every pass play.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

In a complete rebuild year, no one should be ‘safe’ except, perhaps, D. Brown.  That said, it is interesting that people are so glib about getting rid of the only sure handed, ‘move the chains’ WR we had last year.  We signed AT to be a Ricky Proehl clone in the slot position.  We got more out of him than we should have reasonably expected.  He did not take plays off.  He was not a locker room cancer.  Amazing that there is no ‘love’ at all for what he did for the team last year.  

It is a rebuild year so, replace him if we can do better.  No one should be safe but, show a modest amount of appreciation for what he did for the team last season.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2