• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just curious, what would it take for you to trade #33 pick during draft?

I’d have to see who we would be passing on to trade out. A future 1 would still have to include something decent this season, because unless it is a real bad team, the pick won’t be that far from 33. Doing it for a 2025 #25 for example, not that good for us. 

6 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

two dimes don't equal a quarter

It all depends on whether or not you hit the picks. Having 10 picks in the second doesn't mean anything if you draft a bunch of Eric Sheltons. I understand the success rates of higher picks, but if we're after a center and there's 3 we really like, trading down 10 spots and picking up an extra 3rd to grab a LB, RB or WR isn't necessarily a bad move, as long as you don't just draft based on a RAS score. 

28 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I have been doing a lock of mocks and every time of course there is a scenario for a trade down with a team. In my opinion i wouldnt want to go lower than #40 and also would be looking for at least another 3rd rounder in this draft and a pick next year no lower than 3rd round. Thats the starter, what say you?

Future 1rsr and 3rd this year

• Pie 2

There's at least 3-5 heavy reaches in the first that cause guys to be available you wouldn't think would be there.  I prefer we stand pat and select the best.  Don't get cute.  33 is a great value pick that you shouldn't move down from. 

If anything, you trade a pointless 5th or something to move up a few picks into R1 at like 29/30.    

39 is a maybe if the return is in 40s, but I don't think you go much further down.  If you're picking up an extra 3rd/4th, it's a quality/valuable return, and you'll likely get a guy in the same draft block available at 39.  

Let's just select the best guy available.  If there happens to be a team desperate enough for a guy, sure, maybe take advantage of that, but don't deploy this as a strategy.  

• Pie 2

If we're righting the wrongs of the past few years, this year is a true rebuild start. I wouldn't mind getting a future first which would allow us to not waste a year of a rookie contract on a contributor. 

9 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

There's at least 3-5 heavy reaches in the first that cause guys to be available you wouldn't think would be there.  I prefer we stand pat and select the best.  Don't get cute.  33 is a great value pick that you shouldn't move down from. 

If anything, you trade a pointless 5th or something to move up a few picks into R1 at like 29/30.    

39 is a maybe if the return is in 40s, but I don't think you go much further down.  If you're picking up an extra 3rd/4th, it's a quality/valuable return, and you'll likely get a guy in the same draft block available at 39.  

Let's just select the best guy available.  If there happens to be a team desperate enough for a guy, sure, maybe take advantage of that, but don't deploy this as a strategy.  

Definitely not something I'd do as a strategy, but depending on the offer, it could just be too good to pass up. And if it is, well.... 

4b94d3d2-b638-4a7f-9709-cb9899e379ea_text.gif

37 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Past 40 made it difficult prior to us having #39. 

I think we could go down to 45-50, depending on the haul. 

i would rather go with fewer earlier picks than a ton of late round guys. 

if i can get the picks to be no later than 4th round i'm ok, but the first pick i get would have to be no more than 10 picks out from the original pick. 5-8 is the sweet spot, i think.

Half Baked Boo GIF

Depends on who is there. If the Edge from Mizzou is there or Mitchell from Texas or Powers Johnson falls you take em.  But I agree with most after 40 it gets hard. If someone is trying to move up to grab Penix or Nix maybe we can squeeze some juice out of it and drop down some. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

Depends on who is there. If the Edge from Mizzou is there or Mitchell from Texas or Powers Johnson falls you take em.  But I agree with most after 40 it gets hard. If someone is trying to move up to grab Penix or Nix maybe we can squeeze some juice out of it and drop down some. 

Yeah im not passing on Robinson or JPJ