• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Burns is getting interest from NFL teams according to rumor

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think it all the time about these wildly athletic guards you see that don't have high level basketball skill. Out of this world athletes but just not great basketball players. Surely there would be a role for them somewhere on the football field. Every time I see Seth Trimble I think... damn, this kid would make one helluva FS.

I doubt it,  Huge strength difference between someone training for football for years and someone playing basketball.  Basketball players lift but it's substantially different.  

6 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I doubt it,  Huge strength difference between someone training for football for years and someone playing basketball.  Basketball players lift but it's substantially different.  

I mean to have had those types of kids concentrating on football instead of basketball. And let's be real, a high level athlete with the right build there's not a ton of difference. Trimble is 6'3" and listed at 195. If he was gonna play FS you'd probably want him to add maybe 15 pounds. That's not a big deal. Lots of guys will get drafted later this month needing to add that much muscle to their frame.

It was an April Fools joke you foooools

@LinvilleGorge has lost all credibility 

I can’t believe how long this conversation has lasted before you guys realize it’s an April fools joke haha

Edited by panthersphan

10 minutes ago, panthersphan said:

It was an April Fools joke you foooools

@LinvilleGorge has lost all credibility 

I can’t believe how long this conversation has lasted before you guys realize it’s an April fools joke haha

Except if you'd been following the college basketball thread you'd know that I literally said this same thing weeks ago. He's a football OT playing basketball.

It's the dregs of the off-season. What else is there to talk about? No one seriously thinks he's going to play on the NFL. It's just that for his pro prospects he would've been a lot better off if he'd focused on football.

Having elite size and athleticism makes him an outlier. He could make the transition. Would not draft him before round 5 - maybe not at all (UDFA). Give him a couple of years to acclimate before throwing him to the wolves. Remember, pass rushers are the best overall athletes on the field (size, strength, speed, agility). You don't want him out there trying to hang with those freaks using just athleticism. He'd fail miserably. Probably get someone hurt in the process. 

32 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Having elite size and athleticism makes him an outlier. He could make the transition. Would not draft him before round 5 - maybe not at all (UDFA). Give him a couple of years to acclimate before throwing him to the wolves. Remember, pass rushers are the best overall athletes on the field (size, strength, speed, agility). You don't want him out there trying to hang with those freaks using just athleticism. He'd fail miserably. Probably get someone hurt in the process. 

It would be a VERY tough transition for him at this stage. 

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It would be a VERY tough transition for him at this stage. 

I agree. He would have to go to the right situation, with a vet in place that is willing to help show him the ropes. Coaching alone ain't gonna get him there before his contract is up and he's moved out of the league or into a different situation/offensive scheme to learn. 

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think it all the time about these wildly athletic guards you see that don't have high level basketball skill. Out of this world athletes but just not great basketball players. Surely there would be a role for them somewhere on the football field. Every time I see Seth Trimble I think... damn, this kid would make one helluva FS.

Yeah, if you haven't played some football at leasy through HS, that transition is going to be tough. People remember Gates and Jimmy Graham but those are still outliers.