• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dane Brugler The Beast Draft guide is out today

7 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

damn there seems to be a ton of high quality corners as well.   Very deep draft for what we need

That is the one thing nobody is really talking about.  There are 5 or 6 who should go in round 1 and another 5 in round 2--but the depth of "decent" developmental CBs is unreal.

10 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I imagine a surprise for some bc there’s fans of him at 33 or 39 - Legette is 76 overall and WR14

Legette probably needs two or three seasons before we see something closer to his final form. There are others that will contribute a lot sooner. 

• Pie 4

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

That is the one thing nobody is really talking about.  There are 5 or 6 who should go in round 1 and another 5 in round 2--but the depth of "decent" developmental CBs is unreal.

doing a quick glance, and I am not sure if this happens with Bulger every year, but it appears he has first round grades on at least 30 players, lots of tackles, wr and corners

I think its so obvious that we go C and WR in the 2nd round. The fits are just too good. Corbett and Brady can swing and provide depth. At least that is what I would do if I were in charge.

If Bryce stinks then the offense should be in good shape next year for #1 pick/Dak/whatever route they go.

I'd rather get the offense really good first than try to focus on both sides of the ball at once. Like what the Chiefs and Lions did

Edited by amcoolio
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

I think its so obvious that we go C and WR in the 2nd round. The fits are just too good. Corbett and Brady can swing and provide depth. At least that is what I would do if I were in charge.

If Bryce stinks then the offense should be in good shape next year for #1 pick/Dak/whatever route they go.

I'd rather get the offense really good first than try to focus on both sides of the ball at once. Like what the Chiefs and Lions did

Yep. Your defense ain't winning games in 2024. Creating rules every year to make it harder to play defense - hence the hip drop rule this year. If you can't put up points, you can't win in today's NFL. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

I imagine a surprise for some bc there’s fans of him at 33 or 39 - Legette is 76 overall and WR14

He is one of those that could be a 1st or in the 4th round.

Draft lore has rules, one is all it takes is one team to fall in love. 

I feel the Panthers could do better with the 33 and 39. CB, C, LB, edge, TE, and even DL will still have plenty to offer and panthers need help everywhere. 

It looking like the 4th will have a starting level player sitting there too, I hope Morgan is ready.....

15 minutes ago, chknwing said:

I dont think anyone has mention the fact that the #1 safety in the draft could be staring Carolina in the face at pick #33.  Tyler Nubin

Not against it but it makes me feel Jamal Adams to the Jets 2.0 again......

11 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

damn there seems to be a ton of high quality corners as well.   Very deep draft for what we need

Mike Kaye had an article just yesterday that said according to several scouts of different teams, there is a big dropoff as far as CB is concerned. Kaye said that there's an argument that corner is our biggest need and that being that the dropoff is so steep, we may need to prioritize CB over WR. 

https://www.heraldonline.com/sports/article287400055.html