• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

According to Legette, Panthers will draft Legette at #33

if someone like Chop or JPJ happen to fall, i think you have to jump at 33. I even include Ladd here, because i don’t think he’ll make it to 39. 

if they’re all gone, then i think the trade down option becomes really tasty, and it means Nix or Penix are there for the taking. picking up next years 2nd, or maybe even a 1st from a desperate team will be a great bonus.

another question is, would you rather have Ladd plus Zach Frazier, or JPJ plus Coleman or Pearsall? I lean toward Ladd and Frazier.

Edited by Mother Grabber
  • Pie 2

4 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

if someone like Chop or JPJ happen to fall, i think you have to jump at 33. I even include Ladd here, because i don’t think he’ll make it to 39. 

if they’re all gone, then i think the trade down option becomes really tasty, and it means Nix or Penix are there for the taking. picking up next years 2nd, or maybe even a 1st from a desperate team will be a great bonus.

another question is, would you rather have Ladd plus Zach Frazier, or JPJ plus Coleman or Pearsall? I lean toward Ladd and Frazier.

Ladd, Pearsall and SVP. But I'm admittantly an all offense draft proponent. 

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, rayzor said:

There's not a lot separating them except maybe speed (Leggette) and more consistent production over the years (Coleman).

There is also not a lot separating them from DBs… 😉

• Pie 1

You know there is a lot of things pointing to Legette and Carolina (most notably Legette himself). 

I also think about it this way. If there is a lot of preverbal smoke around the Panthers taking him at 33. Would you not share this in an attempt to get one of the teams late in the first to pull the trigger on you.

Personally, I think Legette is overrated and closer to a 3rd round talent. Unfortunately I do think the Panthers really like him. 

If you're Legette and you know this, then maybe you announce it in an attempt to get one of the competitors to draft you late in the 1st. You get a small salary bump and get to play for somebody who was just in the postseason. 

Arizona, Buffalo, Detroit, Baltimore, San Francisco, and Kansas City are the last 6 picks in the 1st. All of them can use a WR.

• Pie 7

21 hours ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

You know there is a lot of things pointing to Legette and Carolina (most notably Legette himself). 

I also think about it this way. If there is a lot of preverbal smoke around the Panthers taking him at 33. Would you not share this in an attempt to get one of the teams late in the first to pull the trigger on you.

Personally, I think Legette is overrated and closer to a 3rd round talent. Unfortunately I do think the Panthers really like him. 

If you're Legette and you know this, then maybe you announce it in an attempt to get one of the competitors to draft you late in the 1st. You get a small salary bump and get to play for somebody who was just in the postseason. 

Arizona, Buffalo, Detroit, Baltimore, San Francisco, and Kansas City are the last 6 picks in the 1st. All of them can use a WR.

Yup, several teams at the end of round one could end up taking a WR.  I think this public leak is smoke to have one of those teams who would otherwise consider WR in the second round think about prioritize wideout over another position because XL won't be there when they pick again.  In other words, force a team to reach for XL and have another player drop to Carolina who the Panthers really want.

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

What's the question?

She was fact checking this quote

“I’ve met with the Panthers 4 or 5 times… They keep telling me that if I’m sitting at (pick) 33 they’re going to take me.” South Carolina WR Xavier Legette was not shy about disclosing his relationship with the receiver-needy, local Carolina Panthers.

Daniel Jeremiah with more on him...(linked to the right time)

DJ echoes common concerns but also echoes high 2nd round being likely (It really seems like our liking of him isn't smoke).  Tough eval - muscled up and fast but two big concerns:

1-too tight to be able to run a full route tree 

2-blended in at the Senior Bowl, didn't jump out down there around other guys with NFL talent

He's not coming into the league to just plug in outside.  Needs plays in an environment tailored to him.   

• Beer 1