• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FRIDAY OUR DRAFT BEGINS! What positions do you want to be filled first

I would like to see the team pick a Cornerback, Wide Receiver, and or an Edge. Doesn't matter what order, More than likely it will be a WR and CB as our 2 2nd Rd choices. With an Edge or TE being the 3rd pick.

Anything except QB and maybe Safeties, RB ( if a Gibbs type falls maybe )and OGs ( If they think they can learn to play Center but might require some time ). Talent can be used all over. 

I do think we should go something other then WR at #33 is possible ( BPA falls that way ). Diontae Johnson addition takes some pressure off and I truly think he can be a #1 WR. Hopefully he can prove me right and we resign him next season. Don't get me wrong one of our top 3 picks needs to be a WR still but there seem to be tons of options. I have a feeling the Michigan CB ( Sanistril? ) is going to be one of our top 3 picks. 

Edited by PanthersGTI

27 minutes ago, rayzor said:

By preference:

WR

WR

CB

EDGE

OC

RB

I echo this, but I'm fine mixing up the order outside the top 2. 

but I think overall, the Panthers draft will end up throwing us a bit of a curve ball somewhere.  I think they always do that in the end. 

So I'm out here stanning hard for my boy Will Shipley, the poor man's CMC Bryce so desperately needs.....they end up going DT.  I don't think any of the mocks we are doing here really includes fans going DT.  Instead of Shipley breaking the anti-Clemson streak it will be something like DT Ruke Orhorhora.  Panthers had visits with a couple DTs too.  I believe Ruke was one.  The signature of the Morgan era was the Panthers being good on the DL.   Morgan could value line play way more than we think. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Top Center and WR on the board with the first 2 picks. After that, don’t care. Arguments for CB, LB, Edge, OT, TE, S,  DL, RB, double or triple WRs. With 7 picks the math ain’t mathing to be able to address every position, and realistically not everybody is going to work out from who we do pick. As long as we nail WR and finish fixing the OL, we’re good.

• Pie 2

If Barton or Powers-John are there at 33 then you have to draft a starting center to complete the o-line. 

If they are both gone, then you can look at WR at 33 and Frazier will probably still be there at 39. While I don’t see Frazier being sure bet starter right away, he could be. 

The drop off after Frazier is the steepest of any position we should be targeting. There are a couple other options I like later but none of them would be ready to start year one. 

As for WR options at 33, there’s a group consisting of Franklin, McConkey, Worthy and  Mitchell that could be available and have similar rankings.  But it’s unlikely that all four will still be available at 33. But one should be there at 39. 

• Pie 2