• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Xavier Legette WR - Pick 32, Round 1

1 minute ago, Tr3ach said:

Xl did literally nothing for 4 years.  At least AD had boom or bust potential with a much higher ceiling.

I mean Leggette has a crazy high ceiling.  

what did you want Leggette to do in that offense when they were playing grad coaches at QB or WRs? The minute they got a somewhat decent QB he started to shine and make massive growth strides. 

I feel better about XL than Mingo. But I think Ladd was the best pairing for checkdown Young 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

From all the smoke around Legette, it seems Canales already has an idea of how he wants to use X.

While he (Legette) wasn’t my first choice, I’m very high on Canales so I trust that he’ll make it work.

Wish more people had this mindset instead of just going straight to bitching 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, top dawg said:

They are hardly the same receiver. You know as well as I do, that you go and get your guy. Ladd is good, but somewhat redundant. He also has a bit of an injury history. AD is kinda soft. There were concerns with him.

Yeah we had a preference.  No big deal, I'll root for him--like I told you, I expected it, and have tried to warm up to it.  I'm just miffed at how obvious we made it.  This trend continues under a third regime for Tepper. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

AD runs routes and gets separation. 

But does he have that DAWG in him?

Legette does. Smitty had huge input on this pick like I mentioned before. He even said we were gonna pick him. Panthers saw something in him obviously.

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean Leggette has a crazy high ceiling.  

what did you want Leggette to do in that offense when they were playing grad coaches at QB or WRs? The minute they got a somewhat decent QB he started to shine and make massive growth strides. 

I feel better about XL than Mingo. But I think Ladd was the best pairing for checkdown Young 

I wanted him to run decent routes or get seperation. 

• Beer 1

They visited  with him like 6 times it seems... its clear they worked him extensively  and something they saw behind the scenes really clicked.  I'd keep an eye on Rattler or even Milton as a late qb too but Leggettes value as a returner and Deebo role will be his role initially. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1