• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Jonathan Brooks RB - 46th Pick, Round 2

5 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I did not like the legette pick but I like this one. Brooks was very good until he got hurt. He’s not Bijan but he’s going to be a versatile bell cow RB. 

From what I heard he was doing better than Bijan until he got hurt. Was like 13 yards from Bijan’s yards when he got injured. 

Just now, MHS831 said:

Where are these Debbie Downers coming from?  Are they Cicadas?  You get the best RB in the draft vs. the 10th best CB. I wanted the LB.  However, a RB that can catch better that Chuba, block better than Chuba, and run better than Chuba--behind our new guards---I see it.

All good points. Very fair. I think there is some ho-hum about it being a rb in the 2nd round. The trend has been to find them later. We did need a rb though.

• Pie 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Lol he's already hurt.  Lol debbie downer

Are you under the impression that he needs to suit up next week?  You do realize the season starts in 5 months and he will be cleared July 1---right?  Stewart was drafted during his surgery.  In the first round.  He was a good player.  Point?

• Pie 6

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Where are these Debbie Downers coming from?  Are they Cicadas?  You get the best RB in the draft vs. the 10th best CB. I wanted the LB.  However, a RB that can catch better that Chuba, block better than Chuba, and run better than Chuba--behind our new guards---I see it.

Yep.

We wanted a better offense. We got two shiny new guards. Get a better run game than two punch of Chubbard and fugging Sanders and let the run game start evolving better.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I like the idea of getting the best player in the draft at a position.

However, he said he *might* be ready to go by training camp.

For a rookie, that’s not what you want to hear if you need a starter.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, UnluckyforSome said:

There is something to be said for that, but also we all laughed at the Falcons last night.

Well there’s something to be said about spending a mid second on a soon to be starting RB vs spending a top ten pick on a QB that won’t see the field for 2+ years

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1