• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Trevin Wallace LB - Pick 72, Round 3

At the end of the day I can only hope for the best. Let's see what he looks like under Evero.

I'm enjoying the banter from both angles on this. The folks defending Morgan might wanna dig up some draft threads the last couple of years though. Ease up on the holier than thou a bit.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Brooks can play but 100% on Legette and this pick. 

Brooks can play, but his blew his knee out at the end of the football season.  Probably 2025 is when we really would see Brooks back in form.  Most guys aren’t a Peterson freak show.   They take time to get back up to where they were. 

1 minute ago, amcoolio said:

If you took a poll on this website every time we were on the clock the last 5 years, I guarantee the poll winner would have outperformed the actual picks we've made. The drafts have been that bad. 

completely irrelevant. morgan and canales weren’t making those picks

7 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

interesting, literally every weakness is coaching related. I guess they feel he didn't have good development at uk and they can provide it. He is Shaq's replacement, so he won't play much this year anyway. 

He will watch a ton of film, learn from the two vets in front of him, play special teams--remember, the focus is on developing him.  I wanted Wilson, but this tells me Wilson is not what he appears to be.  Hate it for him, because he can ball. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Panthering said:

Purely speaking positional impact drafting RB and LB early in the draft has me nervous

The Ravens always value off ball linebackers early, seemingly they take one in the top 2 or so rounds every year. They are always regarded as one of the best drafting teams. I wouldn't worry too much. 

Morgan was a big part of the worst rostered teams in the league for the past few years, this shouldn't surprise anyone. Pointless trade downs instead of just drafting BPA, drafting injured players, and reaching on RAS scoring players.............basically Fitterer 2.0.

• Pie 1

Trevin Wallace

LB, UK

6-2 / 241 LBS

Grade Analysis

No grade analysis available.

Rating: 70.80 (Part-time contributor)
Pro Comparison: Kaden Elliss
Summary

Trevin Wallace is a stocky-ish but springy off-ball LB. Fast when he wants to be but really struggles beating blocks to the football. Will overtly avoid blocks to take himself out of the play on a routine basis. Not around the football much in coverage but demonstrated a keen sense of sinking in zone and has the athletic chops to run with TEs and RBs in man. That type of plus explosive athlete. Just doesn't always fully tap into it. Hip fluidity is good. Quality tackler. Rare to see a miss on film. Just needs to play with more authority/passion when tracking the football against the run. Has the explosiveness to be a stud blitzer but way too timid in those situations. Flexibility is lacking to work around the edges of blockers. Flashes of athleticism to be a good three-down 'backer in the NFL. Needs to crank the intensity tracking the football.

Strengths
  • Serious juice to the football when he sees his target
  • Fluid enough to sink in coverage
  • Awesome tackler
Weaknesses
  • Has huge problems beating blocks / tries to avoid them
  • Needs to play with more passion and energy