• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 Draft: Day 3 (Rounds 4-7)

28 minutes ago, TD alt said:

I wouldn't count out Rice either, though @CRA doesn't want him.

I mean, where matters.  I didn’t want him at the top of the 4th at 101 given what was there.  Have it now. Looks like 32 teams thought the same that round 

I loved Ruke.   Would have hated him where Atl got him. 

I would have loved Shipley where the Eagles got him.  4th is my ideal spot for building a RB committee.  A drafted committee is all I want at RB.  Featured RBs is old era football.  Would have hated him in the 2nd. 

5 minutes ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

Why is the Mizzou CB Kris Abrams-Draine dropping? Most places had him as a solid 2nd rounder.

He is tops on my board---not in any order, but the bold items are of interest to me:

Austin Booker Edge Kansas

Cam Hart CB N Dame

Brenden Rice WR USC

Christian Jones OT Texas (again?)

Kris Abrams-Draine CB Missouri*

Malik Washington WR Virginia

Sedric Van Pron-Granger C Georgia*

Caelen Carson CB Wake

Mohamed Kamara Edge Colorado*

Hunter Nourzad C Penn State

DJ James CB Auburn

Jarvis Brownlee, Louisville*

Beaux Limmer  C Arkansas

Javon Solomon, Edge Troy

Nehemiah Pritchett CB Auburn*

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 2

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, where matters.  I didn’t want him at the top of the 4th at 101 given what was there.  Have it now.

I loved Ruke.   Would have hated him where Atl got him. 

I would have loved Shipley where the Eagles got him.  4th is my ideal spot for building a RB committee.  A drafted committee is all I want at RB.  Featured RBs is old era football.  Would have hated him in the 2nd. 

True. That qualification makes it much more understandable. I didn't want him with 101 either. It wouldn't have made much sense given who was still available. I think that we made the correct choice.

2 minutes ago, Troys99x4 said:

I know they’d never do it to Bryce, and don’t hate on me for saying this. But if Rattler is there… I’d take him. Let him know that Bryce is the guy, but why not?

To be fair to Rattler he matured a lot the last two years and had a really bad OL last season.  The problem with him is that he isn’t very consistent 

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

Have to wonder what that means for others in their wr room

Deebo or Aiyuk one is gonna end up being traded. I'm surprised it didn't happen during or leading up to the draft.  Must not have liked the offers and they're waiting on an injury and/or training camp realization of 'uh oh, we NEED a WR" to set in to up the value.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Troys99x4 said:

I know they’d never do it to Bryce, and don’t hate on me for saying this. But if Rattler is there… I’d take him. Let him know that Bryce is the guy, but why not?

They could sign him as a udfa. Unless someone just has to have him and use a 7th on him. He's no threat to take anyone's job.

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

To be fair to Rattler he matured a lot the last two years and had a really bad OL last season.  The problem with him is that he isn’t very consistent 

Yep. Great arm talent. Shows some real flashes. But he's just never found any sort of consistency. Hard to imagine he'll find it in the NFL.

• Pie 1

Just now, Shocker said:

Yeah agreed. I truly do believe that Bryce will be the QB we drafted him to be. But it’s the NFL insurance is key and Canales could probably develop him, worst case scenario a really good backup. 

• Pie 1

We only have two QBs on the roster for camp, so while I'm not saying we are drafting one but we are definitely gonna sign one as a UDFA at the very least.

That said, I would consider one in the 6th or 7th, definitely.