• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Chau Smith-Wade DB - Round 5, Pick 157

1 minute ago, RJK said:

Prob because they’re the worst team in the league for years and earned the scrutiny 

Anyone defending these picks after all the draft classes this organization has pissed away needs to give their head a shake 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I can’t find anything that doesn’t make this a huge reach.  Just don’t like it

Go look at drafts from the last few years. The reality is it's hard to find starters at this point. This wasn't a reach. 

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

I can’t find anything that doesn’t make this a huge reach.  Just don’t like it

I was hoping our late round DB would be Stiggers from the CFL.   Think this rules that out.  

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm pretty that was Dan's thought when he scouted him.

Could be. I think he could be good as a NB slot guy. He's one of those annoying turd corners that sticks with the WR and can't get free of him. Just when you think you're free of him he's there again. Athletic enough to stick with anyone. Hes going to make any target uncomfortable for the QB.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, jasonluckydog said:

If he makes the 53, I'll be shocked. I know we are thin but not impressed. We have an OT with a 2nd-3rd grade still out there. Really thought we take Christian Jones.

A 5th rounder isnt getting cut. Especially when his competition is Bootle, D.Jackson, L.Jackson, and AJ parker, all of whom have contributed nothing in the NFL.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

A lot of the same things were said about Jammie Robinson

Much like sanders this year, he was the only pick I liked last year. He was TERRIBLE, 100% would have be cut if not for being drafted. Guys off the streets were getting snaps over him. 

1 minute ago, App Panther said:

Go look at drafts from the last few years. The reality is it's hard to find starters at this point. This wasn't a reach. 

If anything, DBs later on is a spot that we've been able to find more than others, historically speaking.

Bene, Munnerlynn, Norman, Worley, McClain (did well elsewhere)

• Beer 1