• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Corbett (and Brady Christensen) will make good Centers

MHS831

Good write up. While I agree in theory that snapping the ball isn’t that hard, NFL centers need to be basically perfect at it. Even one bad snap a game is way too many. I’m worried about the consistency of them not having the reps over years and years and the muscle memory to have an identical and repeatable snap. I’m also worried about Corbetts knees.

• Pie 2

I'm not so much concerned about ability as I am about availability. Dan is a bigger gambler than I would be in his seat. I'm not sure Canales really knows enough about the situation to be concerned. I sure hope he can come up with a creative offense and is smart enough to play chess on Sundays. I swear everytime I see him he looks like some rich Karen's personal trainer following Dan around just happy to be there.

• Pie 3

11 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Good write up. While I agree in theory that snapping the ball isn’t that hard, NFL centers need to be basically perfect at it. Even one bad snap a game is way too many. I’m worried about the consistency of them not having the reps over years and years and the muscle memory to have an identical and repeatable snap. I’m also worried about Corbetts knees.

They do.  Most of the time, however, they get ahead of themselves, trying to step into the gap before the ball is out of their hands, etc.  Some are low and some have fired snaps over heads.  I wonder if JJ can work with them and offer some pointers?  I know it is a different type of snap, but he is very consistent.

10 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Well not to be that guy, but I hope they make good centers.  Neither is particularly good at guard.

Neither was Ryan Kalil when he played G--you have to be where your strengths are valued and your shortcomings are not. 

I think they will be fine.  They will make a mistake or two, and if it were Ryan Kalil everyone would let it go--but when Corbett snaps one low or high---the torches will be lit, the pitchforks will be grabbed, and the mob will ascend onto Mint Street.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Well not to be that guy, but I hope they make good centers.  Neither is particularly good at guard.

I personally think Corbett was very good when he was playing, so I have high hopes for him as a C between two stud guards as long as he stays healthy.

• Pie 2

Just now, rayzor said:

i'm becoming less and less worried about their ability to do the job.

like others, i'm just worried about durability,

bingo, I honestly have no clue how frequently centers get cut during TC or what not but we seriously need to be proactive if one becomes available.   I just cannot see a world where corbett stays healthy all season with those knees.