• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Every Xavier Legette target 2023

A lot of manufactured touches in there.  He's got build up speed so any of these route or sweeps were we can let him get up to top gear are going to be perfect for him Year 1 while he hopefully develops as a route runner over time.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

So, I don't like the Deebo comparisons after watching that.  XL is not great at or behind the line of scrimmage.  Far more failures than successes with those type plays.

Maybe he is DK Metcalf.  I hope so.

yeah, I didn't get where that hype was coming from.  Leggette had a total of -9 rush yards lol. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

yeah, I didn't get where that hype was coming from.  Leggette had a total of -9 rush yards lol. 

Size probably. 

To be fair, that O-line was terrible. He's a better receiver for sure.

3 hours ago, Panthering said:

He can be used in Deebo ways but he's not the twitchiness of Deebo at all just quite fast. He's much smaller than DK too so that's a bad comparison. I'm worried he's going to be this tweener-ish dude in the NFL if he can't get very, very good at something. But he's raw and has a proven work ethic so I'm stoked for him. 

I'm sorry, what?  Much smaller?  At draft, DK Metcalf was 6' 3", 228.  XL is 6' 1", 221.  The both ran 4.3 40's.  Both had a 40" vertical jump.  Both had a combined next gen score of 79.  If you read their draft profiles, they have a lot of the same strengths and weaknesses.  How much closer could they be and not be the exact same player?

Of course I'm not saying that XL is the next DK Metcalf.  Only production and performance can determine that.  But as prospects, they are incredibly similar.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, TD alt said:

Much smaller? What 10-15 pounds and two to three inches shorter? He'd be a heavyweight in boxing, just like D.K. He's maybe much shorter, and some might consider that a stretch. 

His speed alone may make him much more dangerous than Deebo. It appears to me that Legette is very much a threat to take it to the house if you hit him in stride, especially on those slants.

DK combine shows 6’3 228. XL 6’1 221. Doesn’t seem MUCH smaller especially when they have the same vertical 

• Pie 2

Posted (edited)

How the hell did Rattler get drafted? Legette could have had 200-300 more yards with a good QB. Rattler has no anticipation on his throws plus terrible placement the ball ahead of the receiver. Legette has to wait on so many throws.

Edited by Panther53521
  • Pie 3

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Panther53521 said:

How the hell did Rattler get drafted? Legette could have had 200-300 more yards with a good QB. Rattler has no anticipation on his throws plus terrible placement the ball ahead of the receiver. Legette has to wait on so many throws.

Sounds a lot like what I watched on Sundays last year he will feel comfortable.

edit, and Legette was so wide open on a lot of them. Which won’t be happening much.

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

Looks like a raw college WR to me, some plays looks like hes got issues just running.

Hope fans give him time, like they never do. 

I think JC horn will get him ready for NFL CBs

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

No one is mentioning the Horn connection and how that battle in summer camp should really help Legettes development. Horn will be able to call out any opportunities fairly quick. Iron sharpens iron 

This.... 

+ I'm almost certain Gilmore will be here. 

If he needs to learn how to be more physical off the line then keep Jaycee on em. 

7 minutes ago, musicman said:

Really like him. He will be great for Bryce. I hope he doesn't get a lot of push off calls as he did that on some of those catches. 

Yeah I noticed that too.  Looked like a lot of underthrown or off target throws on a lot of those to me