• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Front office/scouting staff changes

2 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

So where do I send my resume? 

Experience: Huddle draft guru

Qualifications: Tepper sucks.

Once Tepper figures out the huddle could just run a poll on what to do, he saves money, and essentially would yield the same results.....we all could be part of the team!!

• Beer 4
  • Flames 2

48 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

I was expecting the ax to fall on the college scouting side.  Interesting.

maybe quietly in season?  Hard to really axe them after the draft or leading up to it (time).  I mean, that's like saying we things these guys really suck...but we let them formulate our 2024 draft anyway right before we fired them. 

No idea why we didnt get rid of the entire scouting department a long time ago.  Why wait till after the draft.  I assume that played a part in why this draft felt like every other draft of the past few years.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Mills said:

I said emphatically that the franchises fortunes would not change until the scouting dept was overhauled. Way too many misses on draft picks.

Mr Scot and Juan both said to wait until after the draft. Glad to see it happen.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

I was wondering about this so good to know they are going in a whole different direction altogether.

Worse drafts than even Marty Hurney? Yeah.... see ya.

It was the pro scouts, still have the same college scouts as of now.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

It was the pro scouts, still have the same college scouts as of now.

Well we missed on draft picks AND free agents so its a start. Larry David Sigh GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

No idea why we didnt get rid of the entire scouting department a long time ago.  Why wait till after the draft.  I assume that played a part in why this draft felt like every other draft of the past few years.

They scout during the season (obviously) so this is the only time to switch things up.

We’ll, unless you want to go into FA and the draft with no scouts.

I bet we start hearing about firings on that side tomorrow or next week.

• Pie 1

Yeah there were complaints made I focused elsewhere knowing they do the draft and then make their retentions, releases, new hires etc.

I guess they have some candidates in mimd. 

Posted (edited)

Already noticing differences

At least this year, we did not see photos of Xavier hugging Mrs. Tepper (even if others were hugged, it simply suggests owner involvement on a premature level, imo)--there were no cute news conferences wherein the head coach jokes about drafting a RB because he had a good game against Baylor and his wife told him to; There are not recordings of the head coach calling a long snapper and trying to convince him that he is being drafted and not pranked.    In other words, I get the feeling that the GM was actually able to do his job this year--we shall see. 

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 2

45 minutes ago, Tbe said:

They scout during the season (obviously) so this is the only time to switch things up.

We’ll, unless you want to go into FA and the draft with no scouts.

I bet we start hearing about firings on that side tomorrow or next week.

Well I saw it was pro scouts anyways but yes.  If it was our college scouts I would have rather gotten rid of them a long time ago.  Why keep bad scouts around until after the draft just to have them?  No scouts might be better than bad ones.  Huddle polls would have done better drafts than our team the past several years. 

2 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Well I saw it was pro scouts anyways but yes.  If it was our college scouts I would have rather gotten rid of them a long time ago.  Why keep bad scouts around until after the draft just to have them?  No scouts might be better than bad ones.  Huddle polls would have done better drafts than our team the past several years. 

Scouting is a year long process, to bring someone in at the same time Morgan was named the GM would be shooting ourselves in the foot.  This has happened with all our GM changes btw.