• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Exactly Is Your Criteria for Bryce in 2024 to Have Faith In Him Moving Forward 2025+ ??

How will Bryce do next year?   

175 members have voted

1. 1. How Will Bryce Do in 2024??

• He will explode for 4000+ 30+ TDs and lead us to playoffs
    • He'll make a reasonable improvement ~ 24 TD 3000 yards and well be competing for division
    • He'll make a marginal improvement ~ 19 TD 12TD and we'll have a 4-8 ish wins
    • He'll stay around the same 1/1 TD ratio and we are competing for a top 10 pick again
    • He'll be worse, very negative TD INT ratio and well be drafting/acquiring his replacement in the next offseason

Posted (edited)

I kinda want to use this as a barometer of how people feel about Bryce as well. But the main purpose of this thread is mainly for those who have either mixed feelings or feel negative about Bryce.

What exactly would it take for you to believe he's the franchise qb for the next decade? Or maybe simplifying that question,  what kind of stats would he need in need to really earn a top 10 qb deal/market rate for a 2nd contract with the panthers? Maybe that's a broader question because they could hold on to him for 4 or 5 years. 

Maybe the key factor here is I don't believe Canales is tied to Bryce at all emotionally.  I don't truly know how much weight he has in the room to be able to move on from Bryce if he sucks again I guess, but I don't see him just sitting on his hands if we go 2 to 4 wins again.

I'll try my hand at it here. I'd say something like 25 TDs 15 INTs or less, 3000+ passing yards, around 65%+ completions.  Wins and losses not be as relevant of a stat prediction for Bryce alone, but I would assume if we're at least somewhat competitive for the division that helps his case a lot.  If we have a winning record or a playoff appearance (or both), either of those may be more than enough regardless of Bryces performance because of how long we've been in a playoffs/winning season drought. 

Looking at the opposite end of the spectrum,  I doubt this happens with all the changes BUT. If Bryce turns in another year with a 1:1 TD:INT ratio again or a negative ratio that's gonna spell trouble. Even if he has God awful stats he'd definitely still be on the team year 3 contractually, but I'd say that Canales wouldn't be beholden to keep starting him unless there was a directive from teppper to do so. 

People keep saying the 2025 draft is a dead zone for QBs but Quin Ewers, Carson Beck, and Shedur Sanders are all of age, and any of them or someone else could blow up by the end of the next college season.  

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 2

It will not require him moving mountains.

But it will require standards that have applied to all first overall pick QB's over the years.

Basic requirements:

-Improve his footwork.

-Display at minimum an above average arm compared to his peers.

-Establish an undisputed consistent deep ball connection.

-Finish the season no less than top 12-15 in most statistical passing categories. Particularly yards per pass attempt.

All of this is doable with the additions we've made and with Canales on board.

Even Kyle Allen looked competent for more than one single game.

If not. First round QB in 2025.

• Pie 7

No reason he shouldn't be better. Upgraded both guard spots and all the new toys. Canales has shown he can get solid results with players at QB most the league had written off as journeyman. Also hoping Leggette/ Johnson can break a few short yard catches loose for big plays which people on the team last year couldn't do. Could help his stats look a little better. I'm not expecting a playoff run, but anything less than 6-7 wins and to show we are moving in the right direction i'll be truly sad. Grab us our lock down CB or Edge of the future picking in the back part of the top 10 is how I imagine this thing goes.

• Pie 1

58 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

The poll is different than the question.  The poll is what we expect him to do, and the question is what would it take for me to have faith in him.

I think he will look better but not great.  For me to have faith in him moving forward he would have to look like a number 1 overall pick.  Basically we would have to win games because of him and not in spite of him.

Glad I wasn’t the only one that noticed heh. For the title, he’d need to show great improvement, specifically and decision making, throwing guys open and in stride, and being able to hit the broad side of a barn from more than 10 yards away. 

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)

Stats I'd like at least 25 TDs and 12 or less INTs and 4000 plus passing yards. Also want to see at least 7.3 or 7.4 yards per attempt, that is critical to me.

But more than stats I just need to see something on the field that suggests he could have the upside of being a franchise QB -- and see it consistently. As mentioned above in this thread, we need to get wins because of him, not in spite of him. We saw maybe like 10 total plays fitting that criteria last year. I saw significantly more upside plays from Darnold here in less playing time. Yes part of that was supporting cast, but part of it was on Bryce too. We'll see how he does this year but I think it's a longshot that he winds up being the guy here. He was just so damn bad last year, it's tough to turn that around. I hope he does and I'm rooting for the guy, just also realistic.

Edited by t96
  • Pie 2

(4) 300 yd games

225 yd/gm average

20 TDs

And, I know it's a team stat and probably asking a bit much, but 8 wins would have me feeling pretty decent about the situation.

I think anything less than option 2 you have to move on.  

I clicked the wrong option on the poll, I dont think there is any chance Bryce goes for 30td/4000yards

I think the 3rd option is most likely, 17 tds 11 ints, 3200 yards is my projection. 

• Pie 2

I feel like all y'all Bryce haters are severely underestimating how bad of a hire Frank was. CJ in last years offense would look atrocious and BY in the Texans offense would have lit the world on fire. 

have some faith. Or not. Seems like a whole bunch of ya enjoy being miserable. 

• Poo 3

The middle one.  He'll be better because he can't possibly be any worse.  That said, his improvement will be marginal.  We will have a few more wins, but not fighting for the division...unless the wheels come off the other three teams as well.