• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Exactly Is Your Criteria for Bryce in 2024 to Have Faith In Him Moving Forward 2025+ ??

How will Bryce do next year?   

175 members have voted

1. 1. How Will Bryce Do in 2024??

• He will explode for 4000+ 30+ TDs and lead us to playoffs
    • He'll make a reasonable improvement ~ 24 TD 3000 yards and well be competing for division
    • He'll make a marginal improvement ~ 19 TD 12TD and we'll have a 4-8 ish wins
    • He'll stay around the same 1/1 TD ratio and we are competing for a top 10 pick again
    • He'll be worse, very negative TD INT ratio and well be drafting/acquiring his replacement in the next offseason

6 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

At this point in the season he should have plenty of time to work with Bryce. Come training camp? Much less.

But one thing that Canales should be doing as a first year head coach, is not trying to do too much. He hired assistants for a reason. Let them do their jobs.

Canales can bounce around and insert his insights when he feels appropriate, but everyone knows that he was hired in major part to his ability to mold quarterbacks and wide receivers. He would be doing a huge disservice to the team, and to the career he built to get here, if he didn't allot time to his areas of "expertise."

why should he? He is a rookie HC.  He has an entire team to worry about.  And an entire new staff to worry about.   And a new offense to be installed that he will be the playcaller of.   Canales has his own things to get straight before the season. 

I'm just not buying in that Canales is going to be spending unique team with Bryce Young and fixing him in a tiny window.  Frankly, that sounds like a poor use of his time. 

is that why he was hired?  I think that is just spin to a large degree.  No one interviewed our GM or HC.  If he was legit QB guru......half the league would have wanted him or shown interest.  I'm just not a buyer.  People giving Canales credit for the Seattle machine just being that IMO.  And Baker being Baker.    And his O was far from impressive last year. 

I like his energy.  I like what he could potentially do culture wise.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

At this point in the season he should have plenty of time to work with Bryce. Come training camp? Much less.

But one thing that Canales should be doing as a first year head coach, is not trying to do too much. He hired assistants for a reason. Let them do their jobs.

Canales can bounce around and insert his insights when he feels appropriate, but everyone knows that he was hired in major part to his ability to mold quarterbacks and wide receivers. He would be doing a huge disservice to the team, and to the career he built to get here, if he didn't allot time to his areas of "expertise."

So he shouldn't try to do too much, yet he's going to mold the qb, install a new offense, and call the plays on offense on top of being a first time head coach? Sounds like too much

18 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

So he shouldn't try to do too much, yet he's going to mold the qb, install a new offense, and call the plays on offense on top of being a first time head coach? Sounds like too much

Happens every year. Nothing new 

Posted (edited)

Canales was knowingly hired with inexperience and some people figure it is a gimme year to learn his way into the job moving forward. He’ll get OJT for the HC role. 

If you think that’s reasonable then maybe you also think that having Evero makes it way easier for him to lean into what he knows and not worry about the defense, At All, from the coaching it up standpoint. Totally Evero’s domain.

In season he can say ‘we need to approach this team xxxx style’ or he could consult with Evero about it as the week progresses. IOW he can basically just trust Evero to work it out knowing that usually it will be worked out. I guess you can tell I think Dom is 100% right about Evero.

Canales’ main thing this year should be that all the pressure he is under is related to the QB. Not wins and losses not how the defense looks, just Young and these young
(and new) WRs and the offensive scheme. 

Edited by strato

7 hours ago, CRA said:

I mean, we don't even know Canales is really taking a hands on approach. All we really know what the Panther PR machine puts out for us to consume. 

Canales frankly shouldn't have time to really work with Bryce Young much.  He is a first year HC with an entire team to figure out. 

Usually I'd agree with you 100%. HC needs to oversee everything. That's why I didn't like Reich calling plays last season - that and he wasn't very good at it. 

But in this case, it's necessary. It's very important that Bryce and the offense get off early. Canales acknowledged how important it was to bring Evero back. He can almost take his hands off the defense and let Evero cook. They even brought in some players that have played for Evero in the past, setting the defense up as more prepared to roll with less changes and playbook teaching than normal for a new HC. Consistency is important for just that reason. It's difficult to learn a new playbook with limited practices - offensively and defensively. 

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2024 at 11:46 AM, JBloc said:

(4) 300 yd games

225 yd/gm average

20 TDs

And, I know it's a team stat and probably asking a bit much, but 8 wins would have me feeling pretty decent about the situation.

8 wins would have a lot of fans feeling optimistic.

its a team sport after all. 

honestly, its the only stat that matters. 

idgaf if ur QB slings it for 5,000 yrds and a bucket of touchdowns. At the end of the day its about who wins the football game.

Edited by Turtle
  • Pie 1

41 minutes ago, PghPanther said:

don't have my category.......gets injured early and on IR the rest of the season........he was lucky last year. 

I would hope nobody ever gets injured, more specifically i dont want Bryce to get injured because that just prolongs the evaluation or just another excuse why he will be the unquestioned starter when he comes back. I want him to get an opportunity to show undeniably that he is not the guy or he is the guy so that it can be a smooth transition to move away from him when the time comes.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Look like a legitimate NFL QB. I don't care about stats or even wins right now. Just show me something. Either show me that you can be the guy or show me that we need to move on.

Yep. Gotta show me he put in the work this off-season to deal with the lack of size on his frame and especially the footwork and pre-snap reads. Don't really wanna see a lot of T2G check downs again. Either we see some of what was supposed to be there to make him the number 1 pick, or we move on. 

• Pie 1

He is not a franchise QB. Doesn't have the tools. Some things can't be taught. Without the natural ability (arm strength and size), puts him behind the eight ball to begin with. He can improve to some extent and probably will over time. 

A mid tier QB at best.