• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jim Nagy on Dave Canales

I noted the same thing when I heard him say that when I watched it. 

I also have to say this is the first HC I’ve looked forward to watching every presser, and where I actually keep listening to the whole thing. 

He has an interesting attention to detail while still being able to keep the focus on a larger vision / direction. 

• Pie 6

1 hour ago, falconlynx said:

I noted the same thing when I heard him say that when I watched it. 

I also have to say this is the first HC I’ve looked forward to watching every presser, and where I actually keep listening to the whole thing. 

He has an interesting attention to detail while still being able to keep the focus on a larger vision / direction. 

Curious if he'll have that attention to detail after a bad game/individual performance. I do like that he seems to have an enthusiasm about the actual game of football, not just playing politics in the pressers like the majority of coaches I've listened to. Doesn't mean it's an approach that will work but at least it's a little different

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

The more I hear him talk about football and players, the more excited I am about the season.  It doesn't guarantee anything of courses, but Canales feels like he COULD be the guy we've been looking for.  

Nothing is proven right now, but man, he SEEMS like he COULD be the GUY...

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

Posted (edited)

he’s an intelligent guy and it’s no wonder he’s been great in his roles thus far

he still comes off very new and fresh to me, which is to be expected and can be a good thing, but with that (really like any newly promoted or new manager etc) I hope he doesn’t get in his head too much, start to overthink things and focus too much on details

it just kind of muddies everything, but time will tell and he seems like a quick learner and will adapt…something we as panthers fans are not used to at all

I’m very skeptical but as far as excitement, it’s for sure higher than Reich or that other guy

Edited by onmyown
  • Beer 1