• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sanders begins his rookie campaign with the goal to be the 'next Greg Olsen' for the Panthers

On 5/11/2024 at 7:33 PM, tukafan21 said:

If TMJ doesn't end up making the team (which is a real possibility), then I'd like to see Sanders take over #88 and really try to be our next Olsen.

Don't know why, but I don't like how 85 looks on him and hoping he makes a change to something else.

I heard he wanted 0 like he had in college, but for now him in 85 I hope just has to do with it being rookie camp. I don't think there is anybody really good enough on team to deny him the number he wants, but I do remember an article about Jaycee wanting 0 before Burns last year. 

Said Sanders, "I'm just trying to be the next Greg Olsen. I'm trying to be the new face of the offense for sure."

Good mentality, I've liked what I've seen in interviews between him and Brooks as well.  Both of those kids should be good for this offense.  

• Pie 1

Greg Olsen wasn't the Greg Olsen we knew his rookie year.  Remember, the Bears gave up on him and traded Greg to us for peanuts.  So dude ain't coming out of the gates as Greg Olsen.

That being said, the Olsen trade was probably the only trade we've ever clearly won.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Greg Olsen wasn't the Greg Olsen we knew his rookie year.  Remember, the Bears gave up on him and traded Greg to us for peanuts.  So dude ain't coming out of the gates as Greg Olsen.

That being said, the Olsen trade was probably the only trade we've ever clearly won.

5f11398236ebc292ff19b495cc0ffca6.jpg

I have such a good feeling about this dude, I'm glad he's the one who mentioned Greg instead of the writer. Makes me feel like he wants to be great, give him the #0! He could very easily be the best draft pick of this class. 

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, 45catfan said:

I have a feeling we will win the Diontae trade. Donte Jackson sucks. 

• Pie 2

16 hours ago, NorthTryon said:

I heard he wanted 0 like he had in college, but for now him in 85 I hope just has to do with it being rookie camp. I don't think there is anybody really good enough on team to deny him the number he wants, but I do remember an article about Jaycee wanting 0 before Burns last year. 

On PNP, Rashad got his autograph and he signed it with #0. So maybe won't be long

I like to see the fire. Ian's timid reaction to replacing Greg was a red flag looking back:

"I think my first couple years were solid. I'm not really a person that likes to look into the future. But I'll do my best to make sure I'm preparing for the next upcoming season as much as I can," Thomas told Joseph Person of The Athletic. "Hopefully, that's a good thing and that's a great season ahead of me. But I like to live in the now."

There's a chance the team could still look to address his position through the draft and/or free agency so Thomas isn't ready to claim the No. 1 spot. But he hopes it'll be his sooner rather than later.

"I think so. But, I mean, I'm not sure how everything is going to pan out," he said. "But, yeah, that's what I'm hoping for."