• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anyone actually think Bryce will actually be good?

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

Donnelly nails parts of the fanbase in this video.

Yes. I listened to it

part of it is going from number 1 draft pick who was Superman to a number 1 overhyped draft pick who in ability and physical stamina more Minnie than Mickey Mouse with an on field disposition  that is comatose  …slow moving  slow acting 

he is a total buzz kill

sorry but it is true

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 2

46 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Probably somewhere between perfect and last season's poo show.  He does need something to work with like a majority of QBs do.  If he can make it work from there is really anyone's guess.

It’s just whenever I see people list of what a certain QB needs, like Darnold, to be successful I role my eyes. 

Because I immediately think, “Okay, say he does get that perfect, or close to perfect situation, will he start sucking again if we have a year where we don’t have all he needs?”

I just think a first round QB can make anything work. Like Cam. Dude was making lemonade out of lemons since he first got here. 

I am willing to call 2023 a mulligan and hope Bryce improves greatly. But he will never have a perfect situation and is going to need to make something out of nothing. Like all franchise QBs do. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

It’s just whenever I see people list of what a certain QB needs, like Darnold, to be successful I role my eyes. 

Because I immediately think, “Okay, say he does get that perfect, or close to perfect situation, will he start sucking again if we have a year where we don’t have all he needs?”

I just think a first round QB can make anything work. Like Cam. Dude was making lemonade out of lemons since he first got here. 

I am willing to call 2023 a mulligan and hope Bryce improves greatly. But he will never have a perfect situation and is going to need to make something out of nothing. Like all franchise QBs do. 

Cam had Smith, Olsen, Shockey Stewart, Williams, Gross, Kalil when he first got here

• Pie 3

41 minutes ago, TD alt said:

You are very much so blowing Shedeur up. Unless something drastically changes, I don't want him by himself, or with his daddy.

He's the projected #1 pick and his daddy already said on a podcast interview he's not interested in coaching in the NFL and he wants his sons to make their own path.

He has 2 kids who will be NFL bound. He's not going to coach 1 without the other. Prime will be in college football nothing to worry about.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He's the projected #1 pick and his daddy already said on a podcast interview he's not interested in coaching in the NFL and he wants his sons to make their own path.

He has 2 kids who will be NFL bound. He's not going to coach 1 without the other. Prime will be in college football nothing to worry about.

If we want an Alpha/Dawg, Sanders fits the mold. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He also said that there are certain places that they won't go.

I'm going to let the season play out, but at this point Shedeur is hardly the consensus #1 pick at the moment. I'm sure that Carson Beck and Quinn Ewers will have something to say.

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

He did not elevate the players around him, but they de-elevated their QB.  A QB like Bryce needs a system, a strong OL, a Running game, and WRs that can get open.  Call him a manager at best, but so is a point guard.  That is all we should need.  He is smart enough to grow into a very effective player. 

I once saw a Coach talking about the OL--i forget who it was Schottenheimer comes to mind--and he said, you can succeed if you have one weak link on the OL.  If you get 2 weak links, success comes 10x harder.  If you get three weak links, your season is over.  Your QB is injured, and you are unemployed (paraphrasing).  I would say that we had 4 weak links (Icky does not get a pass) and a RB who was not good at pass blocking.

I am not saying the Bryce is the answer at QB--but I am saying we don't know yet. I know QBs (college) and when the OL sucks, they collapse mentally over time.  That is what we saw--a QB who had never played without the advantage.

This, 

Plus a bad system which the coaching staff couldn't understand.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If we want an Alpha/Dawg, Sanders fits the mold. 

yeah the thing that really gets my attention about Sanders is that he played behind one of the worst oL in the Pac12 last season & still put impressive numbers

• Pie 2

19 hours ago, rayzor said:

We should just have more threads for temper tantrums about Bryce in here. Should open up a new forum for it.

You could just pin a Bryce Young off-season talk thread at the top of the page

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, bandu said:

yeah the thing that really gets my attention about Sanders is that he played behind one of the worst oL in the Pac12 last season & still put impressive numbers

The kid can play, I would love him as our QB1

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Hope so.

If not Shedeur Sanders welcome to Charlotte baby!

Shedeur Sanders,  Carson Beck, and Quinn Ewers are the most plausible prospects.

But there are always QBs that will unexpectedly be really good that most people don't expect. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TD alt said:

He also said that there are certain places that they won't go.

I'm going to let the season play out, but at this point Shedeur is hardly the consensus #1 pick at the moment. I'm sure that Carson Beck and Quinn Ewers will have something to say.

We will see. I like his toughness. Dude easily had the worst Oline if college football last season and still showed signs of greatness even when he didn't have much time to throw. That Colorado Oline was the worst Oline I have seen in my lifetime.

I have a question for the class. How many 1st overall picks that were qb's and not named Cam Newton have there been in the last decade that amounted to anything let alone the title of 1st over pick?