• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Every Big-Time Throw from Bryce Young and CJ Stroud in 2023

wait just a gosh dern minute! i have it on very good authority on here that bryce young can’t throw more than 5yds past the line of scrimmage. i saw several throws on that compilation that were 30-40yds in the air, and weren’t lobbed ducks. this has to be AI. the only possible explanation for it.

4 hours ago, Lame Duck said:

I noticed CJ WRs were head and shoulders better.

Maybe it’s because  Stroud’s  weren’t worried about being decapitated by high balls or knocked out by the tight ones in traffic or being led into hospital balls 

be that as  it may, we shall soon see the new and improved team with Young leading to come from victory

…or perhaps, egads, score more than 7 points throwing.

yeah, I’m bitter 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

15 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Maybe it’s because  Stroud’s  weren’t worried about being decapitated by high balls or knocked out by the tight ones in traffic or being led into hospital balls 

be that as  it may, we shall soon see the new and improved team with Young leading to come from victory

yeah, I’m bitter 

Almost like it's easier to game plan against a defense when you have a good qb? People act like D's don't prepare differently for specific QB's lol. BY should have had a few more picks added to his stats upon viewing these clips

• Pie 3

12 hours ago, Lame Duck said:

I noticed CJ WRs were head and shoulders better.

Some of the adjustments and catches they made in this video would have 100% been incompletions and “uncatchable balls” with the Panthers WRs.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

yeah, I’m bitter 

Did you even watch the videos?

• Pie 2

Posted (edited)

I finally watched that. Most of it. People are gonna hate me but they probably do already so F it.

Only the Bryce, I’m not looking at Stroud. 

Some of those throws are very good, there are some you might call big time but there is a generous helping of things maybe not that big time.

First impression: I think they had to include some pretty average stuff to have enough to make a clip. 

Edited by strato

I saw Kyle Allen make the same “big time” throws we are seeing on these Bryce highlights. CJ’s arm talent is multiple levels up from Bryce. I still have no idea how anyone watched the tape of these two QB’s and thought Bryce would be the better NFL QB. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

14 hours ago, frankw said:

Really one of the biggest talking points about Bryce Young pre-draft  that was supposed to translate and separate him from the rest of the draft class was ability to improvise within the pocket and buy himself time to make plays and make use of his processing ability.

But then I guess the staff got him in Carolina and got a good look at the footwork and all that went out the window.

This is the craziest part of the whole situation to me. It wasn't just that he's no Mahomes he was truly bad at improvisation last season. I'm pinning my hopes on it being the coaching because I can't believe that he could have so much success going off script in college, despite his weaknesses, and then not have that carry over into the NFL at all.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

I saw Kyle Allen make the same “big time” throws we are seeing on these Bryce highlights. CJ’s arm talent is multiple levels up from Bryce. I still have no idea how anyone watched the tape of these two QB’s and thought Bryce would be the better NFL QB. 

I was so happy CJ showed how good he was in the Georgia game because I thought that sealed the deal as him being the no.1 pick and qb. Then the agenda came during pre draft and the rest is all disappointment.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 4

The agenda was so biased I remember there were people expecting Stroud to drop in the draft. Then the texans turned the card in before they even had enough time to talk about bryce after he was picked. That's when I got the big regret feeling about what just happened. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1