• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dak Prescott

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

What has Dak done with a better team around him?

He's choked.

Adding on to that - I know I read from some reporter that Dak Prescott's mentality is extremely fragile. Get in his head, and he loses focus and confidence.

Per that reporter,  anytime a big game comes up, he starts to have the jitters and hasn't seem to overcome that slump.

Dak would be an upgrade over Bryce as things currently stand. But Dak has not proven he can play in games that matters without choking.

Bryce hasn't had the chance to show anything in the NFL, so nothing much to say there. But based on his history, he's done well in college in the national championship. Theoretically he should be more confident in big games if he gets to that point.

For that alone, I'd rather keep rolling the dice on Bryce or set our sights higher. I wouldn't touch Dak with a 10 ft pole given his choking habits.

4 hours ago, OldhamA said:

That nickname was always bonkers - absolutely nothing about his game resembles Mahomes. 

We got Teddy B if you shrunk him down and gave him quick feet. 

4 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

we have mini mahomes

4 hours ago, OldhamA said:

That nickname was always bonkers - absolutely nothing about his game resembles Mahomes. 

Lmfao absolutely nothing at all but the pre draft hype went crazy I was in my barbershop like he might be a mini Mahomes guys we're good. The older guys like you sure I'm like oh yea he's a computer processing the field watch us ball out. Fast forward 12 months we laugh every week I come in like gut busting knee slapping laughs but we'll see this year where my QB is at.

Dak was the best QB in the league statistically speaking. He struggles in the playoffs, but I’d be surprised if he isn’t retained in Dallas. If they can win in the playoffs again they will fire McCarthy and probably throw stupid money at someone like Ben Johnson. 

• Pie 2

While I don't think we should go after Dak, Dallas has been choking in the playoffs for 20 plus years.  Can't really blame it on Dak.  

I think it's because they are decent to good enough to win the division or make it as a wildcard, but usually not as good as the media makes them out to be.  They lost to better teams. 

Take last years game.  Yeah, Dak sucked.  But Dallas's supposedly stellar defense last year was abused by the Packers.  Two of the first three td drives for the Packers were long drives where Green Bay ran and threw as they pleased.  And then when Dallas was trying to get back in the game, that supposedly great defense gives up a 27 yard run and this gem.

If there was a choke, it was a team effort.  

• Flames 2

5 hours ago, OldhamA said:

While it was certainly an eye opening comparison. It wasn't nearly as cringy as the "Steph Curry of the NFL" talk.

There's nothing wrong with going all in as a fan when you've had such a hard time finding hope over these last several years. But what made it unhinged was how some people paired that with talk of how CJ Stroud was basically going to tumble down the draft board and go on to struggle to find his footing as a starter in the NFL. People didn't just buy in on Bryce Young they went to lengths to convince themselves he was something that would in his own way transcend the position.

You just can't allow yourself to get that invested in a draft pick. This has to be a learning experience for a lot of people going forward.

2 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Adding on to that - I know I read from some reporter that Dak Prescott's mentality is extremely fragile. Get in his head, and he loses focus and confidence.

Per that reporter,  anytime a big game comes up, he starts to have the jitters and hasn't seem to overcome that slump.

Dak would be an upgrade over Bryce as things currently stand. But Dak has not proven he can play in games that matters without choking.

Bryce hasn't had the chance to show anything in the NFL, so nothing much to say there. But based on his history, he's done well in college in the national championship. Theoretically he should be more confident in big games if he gets to that point.

For that alone, I'd rather keep rolling the dice on Bryce or set our sights higher. I wouldn't touch Dak with a 10 ft pole given his choking habits.

Yep. Dak is as good as he's going to get. We don't know where Bryce is going to peak. It may not be very high, but it's worth the shot.

I'm not going to pile on Dak because we've been horrendous and have watched some truly abysmal QB play.

But we don't need to chase any FA quarterbacks. Keep drafting one early and maybe even one in the late rounds until you hit it's that simple.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1