• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D Will says Panthers didn't reach out to him when his mother died

QCkilla

What is so hard to understand about this? No one attended the funeral and Jerry Richardson (the greatest owner in all of sports who always does the morally correct thing like firing his sons and blackmailing charlotte) did not personally reach out to him. He never said no one in the organization reached out, he said Jerry Richardson didn't. Ron Rivera and David Gettleman very well may have reached out to him. If people find it petty that he is upset that the owner of the Carolina Panthers can reach out to a 13 year old fan who is trying to find a team to root for, but cannot reach out to him when his mother dies then I am not sure what else can be said to you. The team is clearly in the wrong.

You've been trolling for attention since page 1. Maybe this is the one that finally gets someone to respond

So this organization builds a statue and a motto for a guy that only played here for a handful of seasons because he exemplified courage;

They rally around that player and Mark Fields with a bunch of 51/58 shirts in the 2002/3 season;

The owner gives Greg Olsen use of his private jet for his sick family;

The coach and GM attend the funeral of CJ's grandmother;

They back Deangelo Williams up during his campaign to add pink to uniforms in honor of breast cancer awareness;

And then his mom passes and they give him a big fug you? Now I don't think DW is just making things up, but I just can't believe it. We are a middle of the road football team that's never been extraordinary in part because we value high character over high football skill.

He also mentioned that he was actually cut last week in his meeting too.

You've been trolling for attention since page 1. Maybe this is the one that finally gets someone to respond

yup dude just trolling over here. has nothing to do with the fact that i find it ridiculous that we are attacking someone for being mad that the owner of the franchise didn't reach out to him after his mother died, the same guy who hand wrote a letter to a 10 year old asking him to be a fan of his franchise. maybe I'm not trolling and trying to defend a guy who is getting attacked on twitter and on these boards about a topic that has to do with his mother who died from breast cancer. 

So this organization builds a statue and a motto for a guy that only played here for a handful of seasons because he exemplified courage;

They rally around that player and Mark Fields with a bunch of 51/58 shirts in the 2002/3 season;

The owner gives Greg Olsen use of his private jet for his sick family;

The coach and GM attend the funeral of CJ's grandmother;

They back Deangelo Williams up during his campaign to add pink to uniforms in honor of breast cancer awareness;

And then his mom passes and they give him a big fug you? Now I don't think DW is just making things up, but I just can't believe it. We are a middle of the road football team that's never been extraordinary in part because we value high character over high football skill.

He also mentioned that he was actually cut last week in his meeting too.

All of this.

Something isn't adding up

lol at a certain poster claiming "ex" Panthers are "hated".

I love DWill as a Panther. I hate it that he's upset at the organization but the timing of this comes off as sour grapes for being cut. His pressing on it on social media makes it look worse. He should take the high road and not discuss it now... PR 101.

Archived