• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Boykin to Visit per Rapoport

NYPantherFan

Since I edited my original post to include the McCarthy quotes and this has gone on multiple pages since then, I'm reposting.

This time last year, Mike McCarthy couldn't stop saying great things about Jarrett Boykin. In camp and preseason he didn't pull away as the Packers #3 which is what they expected. But the guy clearly has some traits that have caught coaches' eyes.  

This from McCarthy in August 2014:

"Clearly, Jarrett Boykin has taken the next step," coach Mike McCarthy said. "I just love the way he plays. He's had an excellent camp."

This from March 2014:

Obviously something went awry in the interim, but the point is that coaches loved him at one point. Look at Byron Bell - we lamented his gamedays for years, but the coaches always saw something in him. Please don't misunderstand - I'm not using Byron Bell to support the Jarrett Boykin cause. But I am willing to admit that I know crap compared to our coaches and scouts, and I trust the judgment of a professional that watches the guy every day. There's something there.

Again, I know it's early, but if you're gonna come out with all that "nice to be out of the dollar store," talk, and then bust the gates of free agency down on the first day by inviting the Packers' 8th WR that most Packers fans have never even heard of in for a visit, then just don't talk.

This is a joke. It's the same poo we did last off season. That's how we ended up with guys like Avant and Cotchery. We do not need another slow ass possession receiver. The dude ran a 4,7 lol... We could just resign hardy and use him...

Archived