• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers talk to Greg Jennings

Jeremy Igo

I think, if we get a good OL, Running game, and Cam steps up as many think he will under those circumstances, you could be right. I am leary of a WR who was good in a great passing system with only hall of famers throwing to him, and when he leaves that system, he struggles a bit. I said I was torn--I am just questioning the fit. Your post makes me feel better about it, but I am still on the fence at best.

I didn't follow Jennings' years with the Vikings until I found out we were interested in him, and I initially thought he had struggled there as well. But then I did some research and went back and watched some of the tape, and he was easily as good as he was with the Pack and was even a borderline #1. He was their #1 the past two years and really the only threat on offense other than Peterson (who didn't play last year), drawing double coverage a lot. There was a breakdown posted somewhere of how he was literally open on like 90% of plays and Ponder just didn't see him (in 2013, if I find the link I'll post it). On paper he looks disappointing, and I don't think he was worth what the Vikings paid him, but he definitely still has a lot left and could even be a top WR2 in the league. The stats are more due to his QB's play than his own, I believe. He would compliment Benji perfectly. I still think we'll draft a WR because we know Ginn and possibly Jennings aren't longterm fixes, but signing Jennings would fill that need at WR2 and allow us to purely focus on BPA in the first couple of rounds so that we can either fill other holes or make our strengths stronger. The Jennings signing would be absolutely huge for us in my opinion.

Disclaimer:  I am not a State fan.

In fairness to Cotchery, the timing was off last year (New WR corps, QB injury) until the end, when he became more of a factor.

I am a State fan/graduate.  Cotchery was pedestrian last year.  He's had a farily good career but at this point he is a low rent version of Jennings and not really a viable starter. I would like to somehow see him on the roster if we dont sign a Vet because I think his presence helps the younger receivers and can situationally be a factor in making plays but he is/was a stop gap due to financial limitations. 

• 2 weeks later...

Jennings trolling the Fins fanbase now talking about wanting to watch 'Miami Vice'. If he wait's untill after the draft. he may be S.O.L on getting the money he wants. Alot of talent at WR that can be had on a rookie contract. Keep playing games and he will be playing for vet min.

Jennings trolling the Fins fanbase now talking about wanting to watch 'Miami Vice'. If he wait's untill after the draft. he may be S.O.L on getting the money he wants. Alot of talent at WR that can be had on a rookie contract. Keep playing games and he will be playing for vet min.

Wtf is with this guy? First Good Charlotte, then that stupid April Fool's prank, now the Miami Vice crap. I'm starting to wonder if we really want this guy in our locker room, he seems very self-centered and immature from all this.

After following Greg Jennings for awhile....

he seems like a nice guy. But his social media ways kind of remind me of a former running back we once knew.

I think I'd rather wait on Joe Person than trust what comes off of Greg Jennings twitter.

After following Greg Jennings for awhile....

he seems like a nice guy. But his social media ways kind of remind me of a former running back we once knew.

I think I'd rather wait on Joe Person than trust what comes off of Greg Jennings twitter.

Well Joe did report that he had signed with an unknown team that wasn't the panthers last week so I don't know if they're really all that different.

Its not really a prophecy to say that Greg Jennings wont be a panther.

Greg is a vet WR looking for the best deal. Gettleman is trying to save money and draft well.

It would be more a prophecy to say that Greg Jennings IS coming here. That would make the people go "bup bup bup."

Archived