• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Trade for Jared Allen

Jeremy Igo

How can you not like this move?  Giving up practically nothing, paying him practically nothing (Bears covered most of that) and bringing him back to his natural position where he was very productive.  With CJ out, we have very little at DE.  With all his bonehead penalties, Ealy seems closer to being in the doghouse and riding the bench.  If Allen returns to being half the DE he was before becoming an OLB for the Bears, we just upgraded an area that was a glaring weakness.  Personally, can't wait to see him in a Panthers uniform.

Thanks for proving my point about your capacity for understanding.

oh Scot make sure you say "i know you are but what am i" next, that's another classic uninsulting gem from your era.

Don't forget to toss in another piece of your signature football nonknowledge to really establish your post 

"Running the ball opens up the pass!"

That's interesting.

‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago

Spoke with Ken Harris, Jared Allen’s agent. Trade began with Allen sitting with #BearsGM Ryan Pace & discussing mutually beneficial option

‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago

Allen knew he wasn’t a fit for the 3-4.#Bears knew it, too. Pace & Allen agreed another place was better. Allen came up with a 4-3 list

I should have added this, 

Absolutely love this trade. Pass rush was quietly the worse unit on this team. Allen is a monster and will be motivated to be on a playoff team. Finally, we only gave up a sixth rounder and are only paying him 800 k ???? Gettle fookin magic 

puts it into a different perspective. maybe gettleman received the phone call not place one

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
Spoke with Ken Harris, Jared Allen’s agent. Trade began with Allen sitting with #Bears GM Ryan Pace & discussing mutually beneficial option

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
Allen knew he wasn’t a fit for the 3-4. #Bears knew it, too. Pace & Allen agreed another place was better. Allen came up with a 4-3 list

This sounds less like a "fire sale" and more just a team and player realizing they weren't good for one another and finding a mutual solution.

oh Scot make sure you say "i know you are but what am i" next, that's another classic uninsulting gem from your era.

Don't forget to toss in another piece of football nonknowledge to to really establish your post 

"Running the ball opens up the pass!"

Well, I know I don't have to worry about you tossing any football knowledge in.

And to be clear, this is about as much effort as having a conversation with you is worth expending.

Archived