• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Get the pitchforks ready! CMC Thread

Adb6368

Click bait thread i know. But if you have time I suggest you go to this guys twitter and look through the thread. It may, dare I say, surprise you.

UPDATE: As I should have expected, too many believe that his tweet above was his actual thoughts and not spoken in jest... For those that love GIFs his thread does not disappoint

13 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

Click bait thread i know. But if you have time I suggest you go to this guys twitter and look through the thread. It may, dare I say, surprise you.

Anyone who watched a game this year could have told you our run blocking was poor. The statistics bore it out for both Stewart and CMC. The only effective runner we had all year was Cam Newton.

I tend to agree with dude. Specifically from the runningback position. If u draft a guy top 10 u expect him to be effective none the least at his job title. Running Back or running the football. This is where CMC was least effective when as to carry the football between the tackles. A top 10 pick I picture gurley,fournette,zeke numbers on the ground. A sure fire feature back. Is CMC a feature back? No. But he’s a nice chess peice.

When flexed our or in the slot or even catching out of the backfield he’s among the best I have ever seen at catching and running routes as runningback. But once he catches the football he lacks break tackle to get away from even arm tackles.  Hope this changes but normally a player is who he is at this point.

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Anyone who watched a game this year could have told you our run blocking was poor. The statistics bore it out for both Stewart and CMC. The only effective runner we had all year was Cam Newton.

This could be said for every year under the reign of Mike Shula; the innovator who made such an amazing ground attack that only our quarterback could be relied upon, despite having two All-Pro's and three should be Pro Bowl interior linemen. 

My only problem with McCaffrey is that he kinda runs as if he has good blocking. There's a lot of hesitation in search of the hole for a guy that's likely going down the minute he's contacted. I'll chalk that up to inexperience last season but I hope he learns to accelerate off the line and try to create the opportunities for himself with his moves more, he's not gonna get a whole lot from his o-line. 

8 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I tend to agree with dude. Specifically from the runningback position. If u draft a guy top 10 u expect him to be effective none the least at his job title. Running Back or running the football. This is where CMC was least effective when as to carry the football between the tackles. A top 10 pick I picture gurley,fournette,zeke numbers on the ground. A sure fire feature back. Is CMC a feature back? No. But he’s a nice chess peice.

When flexed our or in the slot or even catching out of the backfield he’s among the best I have ever seen at catching and running routes as runningback. But once he catches the football he lacks break tackle to get away from even arm tackles.  Hope this changes but normally a player is who he is at this point.

Hey genius click the link and read the thread.

CMac was over shadowed by Hunt and Kamara last year primarily due to the fact that those two dudes have two of the all time great offensive minds scheming plays for them. Not to mention, one has the luxury of playing with one of the best QBs to ever play the game. 

I know this guy’s an idiot, but assuming CMC is *just* a slot receiver, who cares? He played a ton of snaps, was extremely reliable, picked up big third downs, made some splash plays once he got settled in. He’s being used on a majority of plays and that will only increase as our new OC unlocks him.

Its just using outdated language to downplay CMC as a player. Look at some #1 WRs and how they have less of an impact. Look at Dez Bryant.

There have been some elite RBs this year and in the recent past, but they’re also all in different situations. CMC will have a better environment to show what he can do next season. Don’t really care what his position is called when we use him all game long.

Archived