• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"We need a deep threat not Allen Robinson"

Rags

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Big thing about Robinson when he gets downfield he more than often wins those 50/50 balls. He’s not a burner but 1v1 just throw it up to him 

This. He goes up and competes for the ball as well as anyone in the league. We lost the only WR on our roster who does that when we traded KB.

15 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Also for people who will talk about him coming back from an acl injury, take a look at Jordy Nelson. It didn't seem to slow him down much. 1500 yards 13tds pre acl, 1260 yards and 14 tds post acl.

Jordy also had Rodgers throwing him the ball. What were his stats which the kid from UCLA?

Just now, Paintballr said:

Jordy also had Rodgers throwing him the ball. What were his stats which the kid from UCLA?

Yeah and we have Cam Newton who put up 360 yards on the road in the playoffs with Kaelin Clay and Brenton Bersin as his fuging wide receivers.

the problem is his cost , the inevitable bidding war for the top WR of this FA class, and our very limited cap space problem (probably hovering around 18 mil to 20 mil after Gano signing and draft signings) . 

I mean, I guess we'd be able to afford him but the problem is we'd have very minimal cap space to sign hardly anyone else besides him. Maybe if Hurney backloads the deals somehow (i mean Robinson is coming off an ACL, he shouldnt be getting top dollar ).  

I do like the player though. 

39 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This. He goes up and competes for the ball as well as anyone in the league. We lost the only WR on our roster who does that when we traded KB.

That's one thing Moose and Agent 89 were great at.  Nobody outworked those guys for the contested balls.

I mean it's a fact they're both X receivers and generally play that position the best.

Is Allen Robinson better? Of course.

Is he redundant? Yes.

Either way, he's probably the most unrealistic FA we can go for. But you won't see me complaining if we land him. Sammy Watkins makes sense on so many levels anyways and I like him better than Robinson as a receiver.

1 minute ago, Saca312 said:

I mean it's a fact they're both X receivers and generally play that position the best.

Is Allen Robinson better? Of course.

Is he redundant? Yes.

Either way, he's probably the most unrealistic FA we can go for. But you won't see me complaining if we land him. Sammy Watkins makes sense on so many levels anyways and I like him better than Robinson as a receiver.

But do you like him more than Russell Shepard

2 hours ago, imminent rogaine said:

Anyone attempting to compare Allen Robinson and Devin Funchess has either not watched Allen Robinson or has not watched Devin Funchess.

I see the point--but if you want to look at it this way, you really have to look at the entire WR cast--was he a #1 and was there a play maker on the other side that pulled the S toward that side?  Marquis Lee, Lewis, Westbrook, etc. were better than what we have had at #2. 

Deep WR does not necessarily mean 4.3 speed if the WR is mechanically sound and can get behind CBs--or requires a bigger cushion because the CB does not have S help. 

43 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If it's Watkins or Robinson and the contracts are similar, I take Robinson all day everyday. 

Yeah I don't get why anyone would take Watkins over Robinson unless the money was just way less for Watkins. Robinson has at least shown that when healthy he can be a number 1 receiver...Watkins has shown potential and flashes but has yet to show he can be the guy 

Archived