• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Curtis Samuel

Samuel is not fragile... I can see the arguement for Byrd, but Samuel had hamstring issues and then the Miami player rolled up on him. The heart issue is a freak thing. 

Samuel could get healthy and play 5+ years without another injury... Olsen played for damn near 10 years without a serious injury until these foot injuries. Nobody in their right mind would call Olsen injury prone.

Samuel was the definition of durable at Ohio State. He has just been unlucky so far as a pro.

Hope that changes starting next week

2 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Samuel is not fragile... I can see the arguement for Byrd, but Samuel had hamstring issues and then the Miami player rolled up on him. The heart issue is a freak thing. 

Samuel could get healthy and play 5+ years without another injury... Olsen played for damn near 10 years without a serious injury until these foot injuries. Nobody in their right mind would call Olsen injury prone.

Samuel was the definition of durable at Ohio State. He has just been unlucky so far as a pro.

Hope that changes starting next week

Love you man, but Samuel has not been able to be available.  At all.  Sad.

And Yes, no indication he would be injury prone but NFL is different.

2 hours ago, Diehardpanther02 said:

You know, the only thing that sucks about this is that knowing the way they have played our personnel this just means DJ losing snaps.  Torrey Smith needs to cheer from the sidelines and let the young guys eat. He is a liability, and we need Moore to get going.

Well DJ needs to learn how to get open. He's running sloppy routes. He's great with the ball in space...he's just having trouble creating space from defenders. As much as I'd like to see DJ get more burn....I'd only want to see it if its giving us the best chance to win games. The only reason he was open on his long touchdown was because Atlantas D was giving us the middle. Outside of that he never seems to be open. I think he has tremendous upside...but hes still raw.

I can think of 184 reasons why DJ wasn't targeted very often in the Bengals game. If the run is working, there is no reason to consider passing that often. 

Let's hope that Samuel is back for the Giants game. I'd like to see the look on the Giants defenders faces when they see CMC and Samuel in the backfield next to Cam. Some seam routes similar to what the Rams were running last night would be fun.

Archived