• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Devin Funchess

Varking

So many people have been bashing him this season because he isn't a true #1. It isn't his fault that we are having to use him there but it sure seems like he is coming around now. He is on pace now for 75 catches, 1k yards and 5 TDs. If before the season started you asked the forums here if this was acceptable for Funchess we all mostly would have been happy with that. He made a big boy catch in the end zone that a lot of WRs can't make and even on the interception he had Norman beat and Cam just underthrew the ball. There was a lot to dislike with our team yesterday but Funchess was a bright spot. 

Funchess had a great game yesterday. 

Made a couple big time catches with defenders draped all over him. This is why Funchess is so damn frustrating. All the tools are there and for the first time in his career he put them all on display yesterday. 

If Funchess played every Sunday like he did yesterday he’d be a real problem in this league. He backed up his “I’m not soft” talk this week, hopefully it’s a sign of things to come.

*I’m also pretty certain that on the play in which Newton had his longest run of the day had the pocket held up for a split second longer Devin had the corner and safety beat deep, but we’ll have to wait for all 22 to confirm that

Agree.  I thought that Funchess looked really good yesterday, doing the things that an NFL receiver with his size should do.  It's not about the yards or catches . . . it's the way he got those yards and catches yesterday that was impressive.  The trick now is that he needs to do that every week. Consistently playing to his size and ability will take him a long way.

2 hours ago, Varking said:

So many people have been bashing him this season because he isn't a true #1. It isn't his fault that we are having to use him there but it sure seems like he is coming around now. He is on pace now for 75 catches, 1k yards and 5 TDs. If before the season started you asked the forums here if this was acceptable for Funchess we all mostly would have been happy with that. He made a big boy catch in the end zone that a lot of WRs can't make and even on the interception he had Norman beat and Cam just underthrew the ball. There was a lot to dislike with our team yesterday but Funchess was a bright spot. 

He played great yesterday. It’s worth noting though, Cam didn’t underthrow him bc of a bad pass on the INT, he was hit as he threw.

While I haven't had faith in Funchess and still don't have enough to want to see him resigned, he did have an awesome game yesterday. I'm hoping that was his break out game and that we continue to see the trend. Hopefully the talks of him being soft stoked the fire he already had into a wildfire.

Was one of the bright spots in yesterday's debacle. Really need to see that passion and production continuing going forward.

Archived