• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"I'm proud that I won back to back to back NFC South titles... Let me reemphasize... "

FeelTheBurns53

2 hours ago, FeelTheBurns53 said:

Reemphasize what? You went 7-8-1 only because the south was the gutter trash of the NFL. It took a week 17 victory against shitty ass (pun intended) Matt ryan to secure the division, and the only reason you won that wild card game is bc you had the luxury of hosting an 11-6 Arizona team who was down to their 10th string QB and couldn't do diddly poo on offense. You then got steamrolled by the seahawks in the 2nd round. The year prior was an even bigger disappointment. 12-4, first round bye, hosting a divisional game fully healthy and you allowed Kaepernick (that's right SJW garbage ass Colin kaepernick) to put his foot all up in your so called "elite" defense's ass while mocking our franchise QB with some BS superman reenactment all the way to the NFCCG. One of the most disappointing losses in franchise history, and you're proud of that accomplishment? And we all know the 15-1 season was a fuging aberration. Cam was God, and carried your inept coaching ass all the way to superbowl only to show your shortcomings as a head coach by calling long developing routes while Mike remmers and the rest of the oline were getting steamrolled by von Miller and Demarcus ware while your dumbass, seeing clearly what was going on, refused to make any half time adjustments, in the fuging superbowl. 

And those were supposed to be the highlights of your tenure here? What about the other 6 years? Were you too busy being a "good man" instead of coaching football? You think players who leave the Patriots rave about bellechick being a great role model and mentor? You think bellechick signed Antonio brown and Josh Gordon to be a life coach bc he felt they needed some inspiration, humility, and humbleness injected in their lives? You think bellechick brings his wife and daughter around the team to show his players how to be men and treat women with respect and integrity? While Ron was attending players brother in law's 5th cousins nephews funerals, bellechick was in the film room studying his next opponent, bc you know why, that's what fuging football coaches get paid millions to do. If you want to be a fuging psychologist or therapist, take a $50k salary and do just that. The fact that every player who's come out and commented on the Ron firing have all reiterated the same thing, along the lines of "oh there's so many great coaches in the NFL, and Ron was a good coach no doubt, but he was also a great man" just shows exactly why tepper canned his ass.

And this bitch then has the audacity to say "when I came to Charlotte, we couldn't find any panther gear, but now everyone is wearing cam, luke, and CMC jerseys" lolll so you're essentially taking credit with being blessed with 3 future first ballot Hall of Famers, one who's essentially carried your ass your entire career and masked numerous inefficiencies, mishaps, and flat out ineptitudeness (?) as a coach? Ron, you've been blessed with immense talent, both on the offensive side and defensive side, talent that 31 other coaches could only dream about, and what do you have to show for it? That's right, 0 rings! 

And to actually fathom the fact we wasted a decade of our lives with this bum is mind boggling. Think about that for a second. Based on life expectancy, that's 1/7th of the average human lifespan. 1/7th! 15% of our entire lives, and for most of us, the prime of our lives, down the fuging drain! 

Good riddance! 

You're negative bullshit attitude is the reason that Ron said what he said. 

What do teams.play for? A Lombardi trophy.

The best way to secure a playoff birth, and thus a chance to win a Lombardi,  is winning the division.  It doesn't matter how you win the division.  

Nobody, and I mean nobody, goes back and looks at the record and how a team.got to the playoffs, if they won the Lombardi. 

Only reason you're harping on it is because we didn't win it that year. 

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not saying he didn't but is there any real evidence that he did? For the flaws Ron has as a coach, he REALLY doesn't seem like the type of man who'd participate in a backstabbing.

I don’t have a strong opinion on this but Ron did say emphatically the 2014 season was one of his greatest personal achievements.  It basically implied that he was proud he was able to parlay a rather shitty roster into a team who won the division and got into the playoffs and won a playoff game with a roster that nobody thought would have been capable of such.

Rivera is a good leader of men, and a good cheerleader inside the locker room

He's just not very intelligent, and can't scheme to save his life

If he's paired with very good coordinators who do the thinking for him, he can be successful in this NFL

Aside from the obvious in Cam (who masked Shula), Sean McDermott was an elite defensive mind and largely responsible for our success on defense.  Once he went to Buffalo, it was over for us.

34 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not saying he didn't but is there any real evidence that he did? For the flaws Ron has as a coach, he REALLY doesn't seem like the type of man who'd participate in a backstabbing.

Rivera said he was pretty surprised at the news when he heard it. And yeah, he doesn't really seem like the type at all.

Certain players might have had a hand in that, but I don't think Rivera did. At least not directly.

I really cant with this guy man.....im looking everywhere outside this forum and other fans are damn near depressed because this guy is gone. This fanbase is so cringe worthy sometimes it really lets you know what fans know football and who doesnt. Ron Rivera annoys me so much that i probably wont be good until sunday gets here and finally dont see his overated ass on the sideline anymore. 

Dude was selling himself to anyone interested in hiring him, I would’ve done the same thing. People bash Ron and that’s fine but don’t get pissed when he brings up his accomplishments as selling points...

cuz every last person here would’ve done the same freaking thing

42 minutes ago, bobowilson said:

Sean McDermott really hasn't received enough credit for Rivera's 'success'

He can join the club of cam and luke. And also if we are really being honest rob chudzinski as well for making this team exciting to watch those first 2 years. After that is when Rivera began the neutering process and we transitioned to the "Ugly" football we have been accustomed to the last 7 years. 

Archived