• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big Ben is out for the season and no one bats an eye. Andrew luck misses an entire season due to injury and no one question his starting position or job security. Cam newton goes on IR for the first time in his career and suddenly he needs to be traded.

Gipetto

Didn't Ben have Tommy John surgery? I think he's done, done. So yeah, no ones batting an eye. No matter what side of the fence you're on, you can not say its not a gamble bringing Cam back. You keep Cam and he gets hurt again, you lose the player, the trade value and the money. If he stays healthy you win football games. He gets paid Yuge dollars.

The threat title is too long and also wrong.  Plenty of people are questioning Roethlisberger.  They questioned him last year.  From what I read, Roethlisberger is questioning Roethlisberger.  https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2868270-mort-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-has-some-doubt-hell-play-again-post-injury

And Andrew Luck retired due to too many injuries.  His retirement is part of the reason some are questioning whether Cam can or should come back.  

Luck retired because he was tired of living in pain and wanted it to stop. Not because he couldn’t actually play. Or some career ending injury. 

I think the talk about wanting to move on from Cam from logical, I repeat logical people not racists, is the timing of it. Cams only under contract for this upcoming season. It’s hard for us to gauge where he is at health wise to give him a new contract. 

my hope is he comes back and midway through the season it’s obvious he’s healthy and ready to go long term and we extend him. That’s not a guarantee though and once again if he plays well but breaks down as the season goes on, that will more than likely take us out of position to draft a top talent like Lawrence or fields. There are just so many moving parts to this it’s really hard to know what is going to happen. Our best bet is cam comes back healthy and we extend him and he leads us to the playoffs for the next 4 to 5 years.

9 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Luck retired because he was tired of living in pain and wanted it to stop. Not because he couldn’t actually play. Or some career ending injury. 

I think the talk about wanting to move on from Cam from logical, I repeat logical people not racists, is the timing of it. Cams only under contract for this upcoming season. It’s hard for us to gauge where he is at health wise to give him a new contract. 

my hope is he comes back and midway through the season it’s obvious he’s healthy and ready to go long term and we extend him. That’s not a guarantee though and once again if he plays well but breaks down as the season goes on, that will more than likely take us out of position to draft a top talent like Lawrence or fields. There are just so many moving parts to this it’s really hard to know what is going to happen. Our best bet is cam comes back healthy and we extend him and he leads us to the playoffs for the next 4 to 5 years.

Luck's wife was also a major factor in him retiring.  Luck did an interview and basically said that if he hadn't missed the 2017, he probably would have lost her.  He talked about alot of perspective he gained while being away from football.  Fast forward and I don't think him getting married, having a kid and then retiring all in the same year is a coincidence.  He chose family over football and the BS that came with it.

6 hours ago, Kinographer said:

1) He's had injury issues for like 3 seasons now

2) Running QB's don't have long careers

It looks like a nice calculated time to move on from him. 

you once posted in the tinderbox that hitler actually wasn't all that bad, so we don't trust your opinion on brash black people

People want a healthy and consistent QB.  I get that.  Some people see Cam's injuries and clothing choices as signs he's done as a player.  I don't agree.

Cam is one of the most physical QBs in the NFL.  He can still play at a high level.  The problem has been the injuries.  I get some folks are tired of that, but let's not forget that we let a LB come back from 3 ACLs to become an all pro.  Cam has already been there.  He just needs to get healthy.  

Considering how incredibly hard it is to find a franchise QB, I'd rather hold on to a known commodity rather than see if Will Grier or Kyle Allen grows this off season into a franchise QB.  As we have seen, Cam can do well in a shorter range offense.  His shoulder looked to be pretty healed up last off season.  Let's give him a chance.  If he flames out, we're still stuck with a young QB.  I don't think a retread QB rental for $25 million is an improvement over Cam for $20 million is.  He just has to get healthy.

6 hours ago, bobowilson said:

Cam was a better pocket passer than Andrew Luck, despite common misconceptions

Andrew Luck had a 60.8% career completion percentage despite having far superior OLines and wide outs.

Do you know what Cam's career completion is?   Under 60%.  So you throw in some immeasurable variable that fluctuates over a career like the quality of the OL and you think that makes your statement correct?  

"despite common misconceptions."  Like Statistics?

7 hours ago, Gipetto said:

What is wrong with you people? Cam has brought so many good memories to this franchise and one injury completely unrelated to his shoulder which is fully healed btw has everyone shipping him out of Carolina. Franchise quarterbacks don’t grow on trees. No one in this damn draft is a sure thing. When you have a guy that is a proven winner you keep him. This negativity towards Superman is sickening and needs to stop. When cam starts the 2020 season with his Walter Peyton man of the year patch ready to win comeback player of the year. I hope all the people that wanted him gone remember what he brings to this franchise. Here’s to hopefully future 2 time MVP cam. Keep pounding. 

Not sure that's entirely accurate. 1) This is the second season in a row that Cam has missed multiple games. 2) There has been talk in Indy about moving on from Luck for years. 

Archived