• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

15 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Government needs to foot the bill. Give these people money to keep their business afloat. 

We’ll see if that happens.   From what I’ve read, the current stimulus’ small biz protections are pitiful. We would need trillions or tens of trillions more.

I can tell you my job and the jobs of my 500 other colleagues are gone forever if this thing lasts past august. Nothing short of a 20 mil bail out would bring the org back.

Edited by Tbe

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-uss-theodore-roosevelt-captain-removal-quarantine-sailors-aircraft-carrier/

The captain of the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt sent an urgent memo to the Navy on Monday asking for help in addressing the spread of the coronavirus among his ship's crew. Captain Brett Crozier wrote that "[d]ecisive action is required now" to comply with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and "prevent tragic outcomes."

In a four-page unaddressed letter, Crozier suggested most of the 4,000 crew members should be removed from the ship and put into 14-day individual quarantines, in keeping with the CDC's recommended guidelines for preventing infection. Ten percent would stay onboard to sanitize the carrier and run the reactor, which he called a "necessary risk." In peacetime, he argued it was the right thing to do.

"We are not at war. Sailors do not need to die," he wrote. "If we do not act now, we are failing to take care of our most trusted asset — our Sailo

I wonder who is going to watch the nuclear reactors ?

57 minutes ago, Tbe said:

We’ll see if that happens.   From what I’ve read, the current stimulus’ small biz protections are pitiful. We would need trillions or tens of trillions more.

I can tell you my job and the jobs of my 500 other colleagues are gone forever if this thing lasts past august. Nothing short of a 20 mil bail out would bring the org back.

Mint the f^cking coins!!!

2 hours ago, CBDellinger said:

All construction, in any phase, is considered essential.  Its wack as hell but theres no distinction btw someone putting in a new swimming pool in time for the summer and repairing a roof  so it doesnt rain in the bedroom.

Not here in PA.  Only emergency repairs are permitted at this time. 

https://www.scribd.com/document/452553026/UPDATED-2-30pm-March-24-2020-Industry-Operation-Guidance

21 minutes ago, Cam's New Arm said:

If I was writing a Chinese propaganda war movie, I'd say China released this on it's own people, knowing it would spread around the world, weakening every chain in the armor of a nation. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.

This though, would never happen..

i see no kung fu in your plot.  it needs a lot more kung fu before i'm watching it

2 hours ago, Tbe said:

Wait, you mean our government consisting of professional politicians bought and paid for by wealthy financiers and large corporate donors don't care about anyone who doesn't have the disposable income to finance their campaigns and line their pockets? I'm shocked.