• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers To Allow Cam Newton To Seek Trade

bobsfoodbasics

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Cam was the one who reached out requesting this. It's completely obvious we aren't going to compete, whether that's by intention or incompetence I'm not sure. I'm leaning toward the latter after watching us sign two bottom of the roster type guys for real money yesterday.

Yep, but all the Cam fans said he was willing to play out his last year at way below market rates. Even if he was playing for the next deal, why would you do it here? I’m not shocked at all that he is seeking a trade. I would have as well in his position.

Just now, Cary Kollins said:

This news really shouldn't be all that surprising though. I'm thinking Cam's camp came to realize (holy alliteration) playing on a one year deal is not really in Cam's best interests.

Playing on a one year deal in a dumpster fire certainly isn't.

I think Cam orchestrating this could net us more in return as he could find the right group that wants him.  We're lookinh at Vegas or Chicago.  Broncos are in love with Lock.  Steelers and Lions are sleepers but have Ben and Matt's contracts. 

Pick 19 for Cam and our 4th. 

This is honestly expected and good news - Cam is either injury prone or a poor passer.  Either way he has not been productive enough to be worth the money he is owed or would get soon.  Why invest during a rebuild?  We have already let Bradberry, Super Mario, Poe, Turner go....regardles of the way or reason we have yet to try and replace with similar talent.  Even if Cam comes back and performs it would be wasted with the mediocrity around him.

Let him seek a trade - it gets us younger, saves us $$, and may even yield a better player(s) in return.  It is better than wasting another year and watching him walk in free agency where we get nothing and still suck.

Archived