• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers releasing Eric Reid

Jesse

Just now, AceMan said:

And of course we gave him an unnecessary extension before cutting him a year later...

Oh well

z9WUqHM.gif

yeah right now we're in some nonsensical combination of "cut them the second they start to suck" and "team crippling hometown contracts because we're a family"

we are fuged for a while

ERIC REIDDB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
8453.jpg

Panthers released S Eric Reid.

The coaching staff and ownership enjoyed his fit into their culture, but his coverage skills weren't up to par. Reid will test the free agent market, and we'll be keeping an eye on the Redskins given his ties to coach Ron Rivera. Only 29, Reid can bounce back in a new spot and will at worst be a tackling machine. He had a career-high 130 tackles last season.

Like the player, didn't like the extension....and this is the reason why.

Hurney simply cannot be trusted with any forethought....the only bit of that he is showing right now is getting as much dead money off the cap for next season as possible, but still messing up by signing Shaq and Teddy 2 Gloves.

The captain is drunk.

The message here is how stupid Hurney's extension is--a one-dimensional safety gets a big extension.

I liked Reid, but when you take your political BS on the field etc.  You are not being professional.  Taking shots at players who did not support his political view was not something I forgot--wonder if Rhule did not want him in the locker room? 

Some will get mad at that--I was on Reid's side of the issue--but he obsessed over it, and it impacted his mind on the field.  Not cool.  The field is where you play football--it is not a platform.

Sorry if you think otherwise.  It is your right.

Archived