• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rough times ahead

Jeremy Igo

20 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Biggest concern of the moment: Significant other works in the healthcare industry. She's dedicated to doing her job despite the risks. And while she isn't directly caring for virus patients, some of her co-workers are.

I trust that she knows what she's doing but I'm still worried for her.

My wife is pregnant with our second child and she is a PA in a doctors office. Needless to say I’m worried for her and our newborn.

1 hour ago, LegioX said:

My wife is pregnant with our second child and she is a PA in a doctors office. Needless to say I’m worried for her and our newborn.

I definitely get it. Not that it'll provide you will all that much peace of mind, but the most recent info I've seen is that pregnant women don't seem to be at any additional risk.

20 hours ago, frash.exe said:

here in NJ. the governor has mandated a statewide 8 pm curfew, banned all large gatherings, and forced all nonessential businesses to close indefinitely

i have been WFH for the last two weeks

everybody’s buying up all of the fuging toilet paper

ppl are being furloughed or outright losing their jobs over this. 

this is one of those crises that changes the way ppl live their life. 9/11 did the same thing. that event officially marked the end of the “90s”, and in time, when we look back, we will see that this event marked the end of the 2010s and the beginning of the 2020s.

Not to diminish 9/11, but that didn’t really change the way people live like this. Sure, more security at the airport but let’s be honest it really didn’t affect day to day life like this. 9/11 is remembered but this will change the way people live. Being prepared for the next big thing, globalization going away to a degree (can’t rely on supplies from other countries/manufacturing in the US), social interactions, working from home, commercial real estate, etc.

Stay safe everyone and stop hoarding. Get enough to be good for a while but you don’t need 6 months of paper towels and toilet paper.

Wife is an NP in an ICU in the triangle. We have 2 small children. I am likely high risk since I take an immunomodulator that gets rid of the majority of my lymphocytes.    

We honestly would be completely happy and content and enjoying the extra time together as a family if she didn’t have to go to work. It’s such a complete conflict of interests: potentially risk your health and family’s health by working or let down patients, coworkers, and have to start your career over if you quit. Hospital admins continually add to the stress by ignoring risks or implementing terrible decisions. 

Also, my sister-in-law 100% has it (test pending) and her doctor cleared her, after her first sick visit, to go back to work at a restaurant in Florida. Now she is coughing so much that she pukes and shits and is in tears from just breathing.

On 3/27/2020 at 7:41 PM, Jeremy Igo said:

Hey all

With the tough times coming I just wanted to let any huddler know they aren't alone. If you have any needs, reach out and as a community we will see what we can do.

You aren't alone. You are valued. This too shall pass.

Feel free to reach out to me and we will do our best to help you out. 

JI 

Thank you, Jeremy. As a retired person with diabetes and an irregular heartbeat from open heart surgery, both under control as far as they can be, I fully appreciate your kind words. I have been sheltering in place since the end of February and I have too often felt a part of the forgotten people in all of this. Except for my son and daughter and their families. It's too easy to feel ghosted and that my life isn't worth considering, along with millions of others.

On 3/27/2020 at 9:02 PM, 4Corners said:

You lucked up marrying a nurse. They make incredible partners in life. Teachers and nurses (generally speaking) make exceptional companions and wives. 

As a guy who is both married to an RN and is also an RN himself, I’m both honored and offended at the same time. Just kidding (about the offended part).

Wife and I are happy our jobs are on the business side of things (Revenue Cycle) and we were already mostly working from home. Our kids, on the other hand, aren’t so lucky. Daughter is a Physician Assistant who has a couple COVID patients on her list in a Northern Virginia hospital so she has to go in to see them. Son is a med student who practically lives in the hospital so he’s vulnerable as well. This sucks as a parent. 

First and foremost, I want to give a big thank you to all doctors and nurses! You people are absolutely great and very much appreciated!!! Thank you!!!

I am considered essential by the state board of engineering and land surveying. Work is now talking about shutting down for the next 2 weeks (we need it, we are so slammed at work and need a break, 4 to 6 weeks minimum before we can even do a VLS, been this way for a while) and paying everyone. I live in far NE NC, I have never seen the beach this dead this time of year. I am loving it, surf has been good, weather as been really nice, my wife is a teacher, the kids are out of school, we as a family have been spending our time at the beach, bikinis, looking forward to going turkey hunting, bikinis, all and all we are having a blast, bikinis!

17 hours ago, LegioX said:

Best from me, dude 

14 hours ago, imminent rogaine said:

Also, my sister-in-law 100% has it (test pending) and her doctor cleared her, after her first sick visit, to go back to work at a restaurant in Florida. Now she is coughing so much that she pukes and shits and is in tears from just breathing.

Damn. Sorry to hear that.

Archived