• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SB Nation The Panthers Collapse

Ricky Spanish

22 hours ago, Ready 2 Win said:

Agreed. So many seem to have such a hard on for content that shits on our franchise and team in one way or another. All of them are fake ass fans.

Its one thing to discuss issues with the team. Its totally different to literally wallow in it. A lot of these blokes are like kids wearing flannel in the 1990s, cutting themselves and listening to Nirvana having fantasy that they are total and utter poo and they actually enjoy feeling and thinking as such.

Its ironic how not so long ago people bragged that Tepper was going to bring change, fools made alt accounts about his chest hair, his brass balls. You all wanted change, and now eat it.

Speaking of not real fans. Blokes?

I smell a fake fan.

This makes me sad. From 15-1 and in the Super Bowl to where we are now. Would hurt a little less if Carolina would've at least won the game. That amazing regular season and playoff run and all people remember is Carolina blowing it or Cam not recovering a fumble.  

On 7/12/2020 at 11:04 PM, TN05 said:

To this day I think that getting rid of the tag on Josh Norman was the step to the downfall of this franchise. We had to overcompensate in the draft and that failed, which kept us from addressing actual needs. Total unforced error that turned a position we were set for the year at into one that was complete garbage.

Losing Norman started it for sure.   He was more than the play on the field.   He was the spark plug to that defense.    The team lost a lot when he was gone.   And I know he hasn't been amazing since leaving but it doesn't mean he wouldn't have been here.    The very least, we should have kept him for a year or traded.     Gettleman was right that TD/Olsen were on the way out but I swear he poison pilled us with Kalil and no one seen it coming?     However, I think never getting a tackle worth a crap and the league having a clear path to just crush Cam with no calls did him in.

Anyway, that Super Bowl was 100% rigged.    There was like 25 missed calls all going to Denver's favor after people reviewed the game.    I'm not sure we ever had a chance to beat Manning in his last game.    That was the game where I knew, without a doubt, that the NFL pushes games where they want them to go.

I think Cam was concussed in that Denver game when the refs weren't calling the blatant hits. He never really played the same after that game. Then later he sat out with a concussion.  That first game just seemed to take a lot of the air out of the Panthers.

18 minutes ago, parker said:

I think Cam was concussed in that Denver game when the refs weren't calling the blatant hits. He never really played the same after that game. Then later he sat out with a concussion.  That first game just seemed to take a lot of the air out of the Panthers.

That scheduling decision was such a head-scratcher. Perhaps the NFL truly just thought it would be a compelling start to the season and nothing more but there are many easily-reached conclusions that involve not caring if Carolina was at a huge disadvantage just by way of that game being played when and where it was. Plus, they've had opportunities to do the same type of thing since then (Falcons and Patriots, for example) and didn't.

Depressing watch.  Insane how many things either went against us, were flukes, or how the organization screwed up for essentially 5+ years.  The sheer fact that 15-1 even happened is insane.  

Richardson, Gettlemen, Hurney, Rivera, SHULA, Washington, Tepper - - all could be argued they made more poor decisions than good ones throughout this entire time period.  Add in injuries to Cam & Luke specifically, but Olsen & the OL as well, and this team was cursed for the last half decade.  Please law of averages, throw us a fuging bone. 

Did they say anything about the 2016 kill Cam Newton season? That year had a lot to do with the down fall too. The team was never the same after the NFL showed everyone the Panthers didn't matter to them.

Let dead dogs lie!! I loved Delhomme but I hated Delhomme so the same for Cam!! We were so close on both QBs!!! We been there twice Jacksonville zero!! We came in the same time so we got that going for us!! Be proud of your Panthers!! Even though the last year was not pretty!!

On 7/14/2020 at 2:38 PM, NCBlu said:

Did they say anything about the 2016 kill Cam Newton season? That year had a lot to do with the down fall too. The team was never the same after the NFL showed everyone the Panthers didn't matter to them.

nah they kinda brushed it off after the denver opening game, then talked about injuries etc. but he referred to the return of his offensive weapon kelvin benjamin which uh. 

and it wasn't just 2016, but 2017 as well even though he made it through them. It makes sense when you think a quarter of the games those two years were against Dan Quinn, who was just telling all his defensive players to go for the kill, and sean payton, who already was suspended a whole season for overseeing a pay to injure scheme

the specific injury that did him in is irrelevant. No qb could take the hits he took from the superbowl through the final playoff game against the saints. The TJ Watt hit was just the one that caused the house of cards to fall apart again. He could have done it braiding his hair. 

On 7/14/2020 at 9:38 PM, kungfoodude said:

Speaking of not real fans. Blokes?

I smell a fake fan.

Hehe. I said "blokes". Dont be a racist. look up the term if you are not familiar.

Or, unless you mean one must be a hillbilly redneck from the south of the US to be a Panther fan? Fans from other parts of the world are not allowed here? It is a racist country confederate club only for southern Americans?

Relax. I said bloke. Get over it. Can you guess what we call "blokes" like you when we are not trying to stay within the rules of the forum?

Archived