• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This win is entirely on coaching.

Rags

So many things this year that are a breath of fresh air. Being aggressive at the end of game/half, halftime adjustments,  having a modern day offense with schemes that actually fit our players, and the overall perpardness. 

Honestly our team is still very young and has some journeyman playing key roles. Imagine how good we'll be as we continue to add talent to the roster

I said it in the halftime thoughts thread, but under every coaching regime we've had prior to Rhule, these are the games we lose.  These are the games we just show up and get destroyed and/or embarrassed.  A lot of people dont realize we hadn't beat ATL in ATL since 2014.  Six fuging years of bullshit.  Six fuging years of us walking in a bar and the bully grabbing our woman's ass and us just shaking his hand and thanking him as he punched us out the door and took her home.  Six fuging years of getting our lunch money taken and us offering to pay interest.  Six years of total, incomparable bullshit...  six fuging years littered with our coach defending ATL players headhunting our QB and knocking him out of the game, of Julio Jones lighting up our secondary for 50,000 yards, of countless ducks Matt Ryan throwing up and getting bailed out...  Not today. 

Today was the litmus test for me...  Rhule is legit.  

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

I said it in the halftime thoughts thread, but under every coaching regime we've had prior to Rhule, these are the games we lose.  These are the games we just show up and get destroyed and/or embarrassed.  A lot of people dont realize we hadn't beat ATL in ATL since 2014.  Six fuging years of bullshit.  Six fuging years of us walking in a bar and the bully grabbing our woman's ass and us just shaking his hand and thanking him as he punched us out the door and took her home.  Six fuging years of getting our lunch money taken and us offering to pay interest.  Six years of total, incomparable bullshit...  six fugijg years littered with our coach defending ATL players headhunting our QB and knocking him out of the game, of Julio Jones lighting up our secondary for 50,000 yards, of countless ducks Matt Ryan throwing up and getting bailed out...  Not today. 

Today was the litmus test for me...  Rhule is legit.  

Agreed. Rhule has this team playing with a lot of composure and discipline we never saw under Rivera. Fox’s team had it for a while but then they lost confidence in him. Rivera always had good game plans and rode all star talent. But couldn’t adjust when it wasn’t going his way.

Rhules team plays with a lot of confidence and intelligence despite talent level. Seems like they know they are underdogs and don’t care. 

32 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Imagine this coaching staff with a prime Cam and Luke :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

Why? They don't play here anymore. Imagine this coaching staff with a healthy Mccaffrey.... Oh wait. I love seeing what they're capable of building no matter who's in there. Would Cam even fit in this system? There's A LOT of variables.

Plus this coaching staff was not Pro-Ready when they were both in their primes, so these what-ifs are moot.

I don't understand these attempts to derail conversations and talk about memberberries. We went 15-1 with prime Cam, to the super bowl, and lost a game we likely would've had the cards stacked against them anyways with either coaching staff.

Can we enjoy this season and what's going on? I'm having A TON of fun watching these games. Cam or no Cam. Kuechly or no Kuechly. Mccaffrey or no mccaffrey.

29 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Imagine this coaching staff with a prime Cam and Luke :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

Just feels raw to realize that we win a SB with this coaching staff instead of Rivera.

This coaching staff has been way better than I imagined. We’ve still got a bunch of spots we can improve our talent, but the players’ effort is night and day compared with Rivera. I mean Rivera couldn’t beat the Falcons even when we had gobs more talent and today was just a workmanlike effort and a relatively easy win at Atlanta.

This is a perfect example of being outcoached. We definitely don't have the same talent as ATL but still played harder and won because coaches put players in position to succeed. For example, how is it that Anderson is playing so well, why do we not miss a beat with Davis in and CMC out, why does Burns make so much of an impact this year compared to last, etc? It's all because this coaching staff knows how to utilize these players!  We are a good team right now, but I think we are still a couple of great players away from being perennial contenders. For once I don't feel like we need generational talent at every position to win a Super Bowl. 

1 hour ago, Rags said:

And jesus fuging christ it feels good.

We have two JAGs at S. Another JAG at CB and another a rookie. less than a JAG at ILB (god I fuging hate whitehead.) and both our young pass rushers got knocked out.

We passed damn near 40 times and gave up no sacks.

And our most explosive playmaker and mismatch nightmare is out.

This purely coaching. And I know it won't always be this rosy, but fug it feels like we're a goddamn football team now.

stepping up with both starting pass rushers out was all preparation and thus coaching. We'd have lost this game under rivera and he would've lazy-eyed his way through his presser shrugging that you can't do much when both your starting ends go down.

rhule is the real deal.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. We have a coaching staff and the Falcons don't. But give an assist the Falcons' injury list too. It's nice to catch a team when they're missing their entire secondary and arguably the best WR in football.

McC cancels out Julio. Their players on D who are hurt aren't even good anyways so I don't think injuries had much to do with this game.

Archived