• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Davis is tops

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

Combined, for sure, Davis + CMC are better than double trouble I think. But that's because CMC is so incredible and Davis is every bit a strong starter.

This exactly. CMC is WAY better than DWill, so Davis doesnt have to be quite Stew for the combination of the 2 to be better. CMC/Daivs > Double Trouble. You will never see them match the combined rushing stats from 2008, but over all as football players, the current duo are better. 

1 hour ago, BIGH2001 said:

This team is playing hard and a lot of it is a reflection of the staff. Does anyone really think that Rivera would have guys like Mike Davis performing at the level he has?

If given the OPPORTUNITY, many players will play hard regardless. That's a reflection of the players. Where it reflects on the coaches is their willingness to give players an opportunity and put them in the best positions to succeed. 

Rhule was always resolute about Davis having the ability to do the job in the event that CMC went down. He was obviously right. Now what that means going forward is anyone's guess, but he did give Davis the opportunity to back up CMC as opposed to cutting him, and that's a good thing.

I can't help but wonder how many touches he would have gotten had CMC not been injured. I know that the coaches went after him hard, but CMC is in a league of his own.

I still have a bad taste in my mouth over CJ Anderson riding the pine when it was obvious to everyone but Ron that he could contribute. 

Mike Davis is a lot better than I gave him credit for.  That dude runs like every play is the last one he’ll ever have.  I have a lot of love for the guy and I hope we’re able to keep him.  Seems like the other players love him and he’s such a bowling ball.  Love me some Mike Davis!!!!  

9 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

Chinn would be excelling on special teams next to Brian Burns while the two of them see less than a third of defensive snaps.

If Ron was still the coach we probably do not have Chinn, look at his draft in Washington.

And we know he did not draft safeties anyway.

A little concern for the future, I can't wait to have CMC back however because Mike Davis has been playing so well in CMC's absence and we are still winning despite not having CMC. Did we overpay for a running back? A lot can be said that RBs don't have the same value that they used to be 15-20 years ago. Could the money for CMC's contract be used elsewhere? What happens with CMC's contract looks atrocious 2 years from now and he don't wanna take a pay cut? 

1 hour ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

A little concern for the future, I can't wait to have CMC back however because Mike Davis has been playing so well in CMC's absence and we are still winning despite not having CMC. Did we overpay for a running back? A lot can be said that RBs don't have the same value that they used to be 15-20 years ago. Could the money for CMC's contract be used elsewhere? What happens with CMC's contract looks atrocious 2 years from now and he don't wanna take a pay cut? 

Already discussed numerous times. CMC isn't just a running back  CMC is our best running back and one of our best receivers. 2 spots covered by 1 player and 1 roster spot. Seems great value to me. Anderson is considered a deal at 10.million a season and CMCs cap hit is 7 million this year and 13 million next year and in 2022. And there are things that CMC can do that Anderson can't. 

9 hours ago, top dawg said:

Rhule was always resolute about Davis having the ability to do the job in the event that CMC went down. He was obviously right. Now what that means going forward is anyone's guess...

I’d propose a 40-40-20% split between CMC-Davis-Reggie going forward. 

I believe it would be in the best interest of the Panthers, and the players named. 

Opposing defenses will be ready to puke by halftime!

4 hours ago, Basbear said:

Is this statement false? = Davis has out-played CMC this year. 

It's a little more nuanced than that. CMC being on the field makes the defense have to plan to defend against him. 

Davis has been fuging fantastic so he needs to be a permanent part of the offense moving forward.

Archived