• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade for Sam Darnold this offseason?

gorillamilitia13

This is all just crazy speculation, even though I am probably still going to get flamed for this. 

Admittedly I was a big Teddy hater at first, but I love the energy and passion that he's brought to the Panthers. That being said, I still think he's more of a bridge QB until we find our franchise guy (kind of like Alex Smith). With the Jets steam rolling towards that first pick, they will likely trade Darnold and draft Trevor Lawrence (unless Trevor refuses to play for them, and if he does, could you blame him?). 

Again, I'm just trying to start a conversation. How would y'all feel if we traded for Darnold? I would be excited, he's in jail right now with the Jets but I think he can still be great based off things that I've seen from him.

Just now, gorillamilitia13 said:

This is all just crazy speculation, even though I am probably still going to get flamed for this. 

Admittedly I was a big Teddy hater at first, but I love the energy and passion that he's brought to the Panthers. That being said, I still think he's more of a bridge QB until we find our franchise guy (kind of like Alex Smith). With the Jets steam rolling towards that first pick, they will likely trade Darnold and draft Trevor Lawrence (unless Trevor refuses to play for them, and if he does, could you blame him?). 

Again, I'm just trying to start a conversation. How would y'all feel if we traded for Darnold? I would be excited, he's in jail right now with the Jets but I think he can still be great based off things that I've seen from him.

If brady likes him and if we can get him cheap then its a no brainer.   It wouldnt work but I would give a 3rd for him but the Jets would never do it

I’m torn on him. I never understood why he was hyped and drafted so high. He seems very mistake prone, even in college. But like everyone else I trust the coaching staff (which is sooooo nice for a change).

On the other hand, the upside of offensive players miss used/broken by Gase is intriguing...

32 minutes ago, Martin said:

I’m torn on him. I never understood why he was hyped and drafted so high. He seems very mistake prone, even in college. But like everyone else I trust the coaching staff (which is sooooo nice for a change).

On the other hand, the upside of offensive players miss used/broken by Gase is intriguing...

Yeah, pretty much this.

Archived