• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Position Watch (Week 8 edition)

8 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Dallas has Dak on the Tag so If they end up in a place where they can get a young talented QB.  They'll let Dak walk.   That puts probably one of the other team looking for a QB in the "interested" Category on Dak.  

Many things can play out.

My only wish is that we keep trying to win these games.   I want this team to build toughness and a no lose attitude.   Our overall talent level will dictate our final record.    I definitely don't see us beating NO, TB, KC or GB.

The remaining 4 games against Detroit, Minnesota, Denver and Washington are difficult to pick.  Detroit and Minnesota are probably better than their records show.  Denver is ranked 4th in Defense and Washington is 10th.   We don't fair too well against the better defenses.   Washington IMO is probably a loss.  You know Riverboat Ron is going to pull all the stops out to beat his former team. 

I would say splitting this group of teams is IMO our best outlook for 2020.   5-11.

Then we hope we are in the Top 10.

Yeah, rather lose out. The whole winning for confidence thing doesn’t make much sense from any perspective. 

We'll probably end up somewhere between 4-12 and 6-10. At the end of the day, we'll probably end up drafting roughly around the same spot we did last year. Catch some breaks and maybe we get higher. Win 6 and have some breaks not go our way and we could very easily he outside the top 10. We'll see.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We'll probably end up somewhere between 4-12 and 6-10. At the end of the day, we'll probably end up drafting roughly around the same spot we did last year. Catch some breaks and maybe we get higher. Win 6 and have some breaks not go our way and we could very easily he outside the top 10. We'll see.

That's the most reasonable take right now anyway. 

We could win just one more against washington or detroit or something , or we could win a few more and be closer to that good old 6-10, 7-9  mark this team loves to finish at historically.

We've got too much talent on offense to make me believe we'll lose out and christians coming back . As much as I'd like to solidify a top 5 pick lol.

Even if somehow we did lose out , we have a lot of competition this season. At least at this point there's a plethora of teams that are worse than we are record wise anyway . 

5 hours ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Yeah, rather lose out. The whole winning for confidence thing doesn’t make much sense from any perspective. 

You don't understand the culture Rhule is trying to create.  You don't play this game to lose.   I don't care what your current record is you don't play for a draft pick.   

You play hard and try to win.   If you lose so be it.  

Whether you agree or not.  This is how we will play for the remainder of the season.  100% sure.

For those still interested in picking first , the past decade looked like as follows:

2009  Rams 1-15 
2010 Panthers 2-14
2011 Colts 2-14
2012 Cheifs 2-14 
2013 Texans 2-14
2014 Buccaneers 2-14 
2015  Rams 7-9 
2016 Browns 1-15
2017 Browns 0-16 
2018 Cardinals 3-13
2019 Bengals 2-14

So 2 wins is traditionally that magic number if you want to have a shot at first . Only notable exceptions seem to be 2015 Rams and 2018 Cardinals.

2015 Rams traded two first and several other high picks from that draft and their next one .

2018 was an odd year where every team in the nfl won at least 4 games with the exception of the Cardinals. 

There's several examples of teams with ho hum records trading up for qbs that weren't the first pick , if that makes you feel any better . Then you have years where team picking first doesn't draft a QB  (ex garrett, clowney, fisher, de browns got in 2000) 

8 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

For those still interested in picking first , the past decade looked like as follows:

2009  Rams 1-15 
2010 Panthers 2-14
2011 Colts 2-14
2012 Cheifs 2-14 
2013 Texans 2-14
2014 Buccaneers 2-14 
2015  Rams 7-9 
2016 Browns 1-15
2017 Browns 0-16 
2018 Cardinals 3-13
2019 Bengals 2-14

So 2 wins is traditionally that magic number if you want to have a shot at first . Only notable exceptions seem to be 2015 Rams and 2018 Cardinals.

2015 Rams traded two first and several other high picks from that draft and their next one .

2018 was an odd year where every team in the nfl won at least 4 games with the exception of the Cardinals. 

There's several examples of teams with ho hum records trading up for qbs that weren't the first pick , if that makes you feel any better . Then you have years where team picking first doesn't draft a QB  (ex garrett, clowney, fisher, de browns got in 2000) 

I’d be shocked if the jets win 2 games.

A lot of my problems with Teddy isn’t because I don’t think he is good, he’s fine. But dealing with Panthers fans and Teddy fans who think he can be a franchise QB has made me dislike him a lot more than I usually would a player. All the games I watched of him made me believe that he isn’t a franchise QB. If he had a really good team around him he could be a fine starter, not franchise, QB. Kinda like Garroppolo who I think is a fine starter but not a franchise QB. 
If it was clear, like Fitzgerald last year, that we are drafting a QB this draft I wouldn’t be as hard on Bridgewater because he won’t be around long. I would probably almost enjoy the season a bit more. 
While I think that we will be drafting a future QB this draft or next. The fact the message from this team is so garbled is very frustrating. 

23 hours ago, Varking said:

Yeah I can agree with that. Not sure how the Lions game will turn out but if we don’t win that then We might be at 4 wins with a W over Ron later in the year. 

Washington isn’t a guaranteed win. Their DL is pretty solid and could give us fits since OL is a weakness.

19 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah they could. Then the whole injury recovery and prognosis comes into play. Would you rather take the chance on a rookie and his cheap contract or take the chance on Dak, his recovery, and his mega contract? 

The question is not what we would rather do, it is what that football genius Jerry Jones would rather do.  I think that comes down to which move is flashier for the Cowboys brand, or what is left of it.

Archived