• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Honestly think Tepper is Fed up with teddy as well

Calboyz13

8 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I'm really hoping Lawrence pulls an Eli and goes public saying he will ONLY play for us.  It would go a long way in driving down NY and JAX's leverage, so if this was indeed the case, it may not be as costly.

You think Trevor would publicly declare he would only play for the PANTHERS? Lol.

8 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

If you think he's your franchise QB, you don't risk it and you take him. 

Rewatching that video showed me his accuracy deteriorated when he was pressured. That is an area of concern but not uncommon for most QBs. Will need to see more examples to see if this is a one game thing or if it's something he truly struggles with. 

Dude threw an absolute Mahomes-esque throw around 4:50 running to the right and whipping it across his body 25 yards downfield to an open receiver. That kind of crap gets you excited. 

7:37 is also a damn gem

56 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Also Wilson didn't play bad at all that game. His receivers dropped a ton of passes, his line didn't block, and he was still within a yard of winning. 

BYU as a whole played bad, but Wilson was one of the few who didn't. 

I was actually sold on him after watching the game.  He must have had a half a dozen drops and CCU was up his ass before he could make a read yet as you said was a yard away from winning. 

Just now, Khyber53 said:

If there's even a chance at Sewell, you drop everything and take him. 

Sewell paired with T2Y isnt going to accomplish anything, and next year we probably get 6-7 wins with Teddy. Then we are screwed and have to take a QB even further down the prospect list.

1 hour ago, Calboyz13 said:

Looks like it’s going to be a FULL SEND boys on quarterback because Tepper has realized teddy ain’t it.. and theirs a reason why they made teddy’s contract cutable and before you guys start saying Wilson go look at the full game on YouTube of him playing against Coastal Carolina 

492B7BFA-13D7-4478-938A-A85336F5B64F.jpeg

Looks like TB is gone and they will be drafting a QB. Now that Hurney is fired it,  seems very probable. If the old GM was still here....  I was unsure. Between the Tepper statement and Hurney fired, seems it will happen 

1 hour ago, Seltzer said:

I don't think this is some grand pronouncement.  Very few players should be comfortable with their job security on a 4-10 team, and everything in the NFL begins with the Quarterback.

Outside of CMC, Robby, DJ, Moton (who we better keep), Burns, Chinn, Brown, & Shaq (while you might not agree with the contract, he has been good and he definitely is in the team plans next year), there is no one on the team that should be automatically slotted as a starter.

I like Teddy, but objectively he has regressed since that knee tweak.  Right now it's hard to see a wide gap in play between Teddy and what we had last year with a 2nd-year UDFA in Kyle Allen.

It's not conducive to winning football.

I don't know if the draft is the best option given our other needs (unless there is a guy they feel confident in outside of Trevor Lawrence cause we ain't getting him), but we can't go into next year IMO with Teddy as the unquestioned starter.

That being said, while I don't think Teddy can get us to a Super Bowl, he's probably going to be on the team next year, and with a decent chance of starting.

I do honestly believe had CMC been healthy all year, we are closer to 8-8 than not (although it's better for us long-term to have a higher draft pick this year).

So the question becomes, should we continue to add to the team with Teddy or another FA QB, or go for broke and draft what we hope will be another franchise QB.  

I do believe Teddy can get a team to 10-11 wins in the right circumstances.  A whiff on a QB that you spend top 5 draft capital on can set you back years.

It is a tough decision.  And as fans, there are a million opinions.  All we can do is hope Rhule, Tepper, and whoever else can get it right.

Possibly but Teddy won’t be the reason you get to 10 or 11 wins. Teddy needs to go. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hate to break it to you, but Lawrence has already pretty much indicated that he'll play for whoever drafts him.

And truth be told, I would think ultimately Lawrence would rather play for a NY team over Jacksonville if he had the chance.

Lawrence would be god-like if he could turn around the Jets, and the endorsement deals in the NY market are way more than he could make elsewhere.

But the expectations and media will be easier in Jacksonville.

And yeah Lawrence would be great here.  I just fail to see what we could offer that would make him "pull an Eli."  And for Eli, that draft-day stain stayed with him for years.  Even most Giants fans were anti-Eli until he won a Super Bowl.

Archived