• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers will try to Trevor. Big time.

Jeremy Igo

13 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Lawrence is so overrated lmao. #1 choice? Eaassssyyyyyyy. Generational? Nope. People think he's going to be a Rodgers or Mahomes-tier QB, I think someone like Matt Ryan is a better comp. So still a great, borderline HoF player. But not generational.

Mahomes and Rodgers are arguably the best 2 quarterbacks in the history of the game. Matt Ryan is not borderline HoF. Lawrence is wayyyy better than Ryan, may never get to Mahomes/Rodgers level, but he doesn't need to to be worth trading up for.

10 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Again, if you have the #1 choice it's an easy call. I'm not saying he's not worthy of being the top selection. His job is insanely easy at Clemson and he's playing with other elite prospects. He misplaces throws rather frequently. Again, he's REALLY good I just hate seeing the generational label. Last generational QB prospect was Luck, I don't think Lawrence is near as good as Luck was coming out 

I don't think Lawrence is worthy of the hype but I do think he's as good as Luck coming out. I think he'll probably have a similar career if he ends up in a decent situation - very good, but never great and the media will continue to pile on the hype anyway because the media can never be wrong.

The biggest similarity between the two IMO is that they have fairly high floors. It's hard to imagine either being straight up busts unless an organization massively fails in putting talent around them. At the very least you should be getting a good NFL starting QB.

23 minutes ago, Icege said:

2021 1st (#3 overall)
2021 2nd
2022 1st
2023 2nd

for

2021 1st (#1 overall)

That 2023 2nd would have to be a 1st rd selection if the Panthers end up with the #4 overall pick instead according to trade value charts.

Problem with the trade value charts is that the pick actually changes value depending on the player at the pick. Not all #1 picks are worth the same.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think Lawrence is worthy of the hype but I do think he's as good as Luck coming out. I think he'll probably have a similar career if he ends up in a decent situation - very good, but never great and the media will continue to pile on the hype anyway because the media can never be wrong.

The biggest similarity between the two IMO is that they have fairly high floors. It's hard to imagine either being straight up busts unless an organization massively fails in putting talent around them. At the very least you should be getting a good NFL starting QB.

Andrew Luck was never great?

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Insanely easy.  Gotcha

It’s amazing that people don’t   Mother fuging Entresto can’t see poo.

Ah, it went away. It’s amazing that people have no idea that his best WR this year is rated as a late round prospect. The Clemson WRs have some talent but they are completely inexperienced and have been inconsistent. Watching his deep throws (some of which have been dropped) be perfect dimes, makes you realize that when people say he’s inaccurate they watched the LSU game and nothing else. Yes, he had a rough game against a solid D with at least 7 guys drafted in the 4th or before (5 in the 1st/2nd) and because Burrow and Chase were eating his D alive and he tried to do too much. He is far from inaccurate and he’s not playing with Alabama’s stable of WRs or LSU’s stable last year. Anderson, Moore, CMC and Samuel would be a huge upgrade for him.

One other thing that the people who haven’t actually watched him don’t realize is that he’s absolutely comfortable throwing to WRs, TEs and RBs. This year Ross got hurt and didn’t ply a down, hopefully it’s not a career ender, and Higgins graduated. Now Clemson has a couple decent TEs and Etienne has been catching the ball even more. Lawrence adjusted well from a no TE, way more WR centric offense to a mix where the TE is the 4th option, the backup TEs catch a couple a game and Etienne is more involved. It’s nice to see a QB that utilizes the weapons he has at hand rather than stick with the only thing he knows, like a short game with a couple of sand wedge looking passes downfield here and there.

Just now, electro's horse said:

You have a very tortured recollection of Luck and his career in Indy.

Actually I looked it up for clarification  to make sure I was accurate.  He went to 4 probowls but three of those were his first 3 years 2012-2014 and 2018.   But it wasn't as if Indy was depleted of talent  before they drafted Luck. Between 2003 and 2010 the Colts won 10 wins or more. So Luck had talent already and yet he got injured and he was never the same. Sure it can happen to anyone but that is the point. Would I give 2 firsts and other assets away to get Luck and my answer would be no given what we know. And would I do the same for Lawrence with other guys who may be as good or better available at our spot? I wouldn't and hope the Panthers won't either.

14 minutes ago, LegioX said:

TL is gonna have to pull an Eli at any chance of this happening. It’s that simple.

Agreed on this. Jax is just taking him unless he forces their hand. They lucked into the Jets handing him over, they won’t give him up willingly even if people in here want to try and act like he isn’t an amazing QB prospect we haven’t seen in a long time. Luck takes a 1 win team to 3 straight 11 win seasons and due to injuries people in here act like he sucked. I mean he missed an entire year and came back for one season and led them to the playoffs again with 4500 yards and 39 TDs. He got hurt, he wasn’t bad.

But, I will add again, so you’re saying there’s a chance.

IF Tepper actually believes what he says...that you need an edge all over the place to win, and you have to have a talented QB to do it consistently, I can absolutely see him doing everything he can to bring in Trevor, including mortgaging the future of the team.

He doesn't want to draft in the top ten year after year, even if that's what the fans are accustomed to.

If he thinks that Trevor can have a career like Big Ben, then he may throw caution to the wind.  Who knows?

It would take Trevor pulling an Eli, but he will certainly have the power, just not sure if he wants that reputation.

Archived