• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina interested in Haskins

NAS

newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

The Panthers did their due diligence as they have with other players this season, including two others yesterday, and inquired about former Washington quarterback Dwayne Haskins, according a person familiar with the situation. There is nothing imminent in terms of making a move, so if this turns into anything it would be after the season.

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

He jinx's damn near everything.  I wish he would stick to taking pictures of hot women and leave the prognosticating to the professionals here on the huddle.

Agree 10000% an igo endorsement is almost the kiss of death. The Madden cover curse, drake cosign, all of them got nothing on zod.

Like his upside better than anyone on the roster but not at the cost of having a potential locker room cancer, if he’s learned his lesson sure wouldn’t mind bringing him in for camp and completing with Grier and walker.

best case the light switch clicks and he can complete with teddy for a job barring we don’t draft a qb.

worst case, well we already know that scenario 

I could be wrong, but I think he is from the DC area. Giving a young man millions of dollars and bringing him home to all of his friends seems like a possible recipe for disaster. Maybe a change in scenery with his fall from grace will help him. Even if it’s not with us, I would like to see the young man get a second chance for cheap.

It’s hard to imagine a move that would ensure I would watch zero games next year but Tepper signing off on bringing in this “look at me” loser to take even one snap would do it.

there has to be a middle ground between a no nonsense incapable like Theodore and a swag-first undisciplined mess like Haskins

14 hours ago, w280sax said:

I see it as zero risk.  I'm assuming he would get minimum money and would be cut quick if it doesn't work.  On the other hand, if he works out, you look like a genius.

Clearly haskins has been terrible but in the low risk scenario, I have no problem with kicking the tires.

I'm onboard with this.  Though he look absolutely terrible against us.  I'd sign him to a contract with no guarantees.  

However, the first time he's caught sleeping in the QB room.  He's out.

Little risk with a small possibility of a high reward. 

Archived